Tuscany pt.7 - PhotographyCorner.com Forums

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

#1    Top
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Tuscany pt.7

The Town of Lucca is very old, dating back before the Romans. The walls in the first pic were erected during the renaissance. Then later the earth was piled up around the inside walls to make a promenade for people to walk and ride bikes around the city.

Giacomo Puccini was born here. This is his statue that sits in front of his residence.

This piazza was built on the ruins of a roman coliseum. It was the only circular one I saw in any of the towns/cities I visited. Note the bicycles parked in the "square".

A typical street in town. Only delivery vehicles are allowed inside the walls. Residents must park cars outside, so they like to ride bikes. I may do a thread just on the bicycles, but the next one will be a birds eye view of Lucca.

#2    Top
Old April 27th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Ice_storm_3
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: Tuscany pt.7

The bicycles are just parked...not locked! Doesn't it get stolen?
The piazza's cool...love all the antenna's on the roof.

Thanks

"Let your words be few, and your exposures many."
  #3    Top
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

I love the "square" - what a great view. I'll simply add my voice to those that thank you for taking us on a photo tour with you Some very sweet shooting there...

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #4    Top
Old April 28th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

I love the viewpoint you chose for the statue of Puccini. Different and extremely effective.
  #5    Top
Old April 28th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

From your angle, John, Puccini looks like he's presiding over the square. It must be pretty humbling knowing you were trekking over cobblestones laid centuries before Pilgrims even landed on the eastern shore of the US.

Tim

flickr Photostream
  #6    Top
Old April 29th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Elite Member
Recent Photo: DSC04769
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Another enjoyable series John. I had to laugh at the one of Puccini's statue taken from behind, a unique way of doing it. Keep posting.

"You repair things with tools, you fix things with a hammer"

albums @ http://s1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj541/nod7/
Sponsors
  #7    Top
Old May 1st, 2012, 10:06 AM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Thanks for looking and commenting folks.

Rubina, some are locked, but my guess is that many of the people were sitting in the square and able to keep an eye on their bike.

Tim, I'm not sure humbling is the right adjective, but there is certainly a sense of wonder, and even awe.
  #8    Top
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:36 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Morse '09
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

John, I may never get to these places so your photos are quite treasured and give one a sense of the real (vs touristy) scenery. To not embarass myself by asking, I had to look up Giacomo Puccini.....I'm obviously not an opera buff. I'm at least one fact smarter than when I started your thread. Interestingly, his statue (shown here as #2) is shown in the Wikipedia description. I like your presentation better. Nice perspective interplay compositionally between the statue and house. I assume you were using your fisheye on the delivery van.....or it needs some severe front end alignment work!
  #9    Top
Old May 1st, 2012, 01:51 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: 2013_09_26_4135_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Love all these, but the Piazza is my favorite. Puccini is sitting there waiting for Elvira, or one of his mistresses. I understand he was quite the Ladies man, but it seems all the great composers had a severe shortage of money and an abundance of women.
Awesome shots John. Hope you have more. That you want to show that is.
  #10    Top
Old May 2nd, 2012, 11:54 AM
Elite Member

John I have enjoyed this entire series. Thanks for posting them. It is one area of Italy I have not visited. Actually most of my time in Italy was between Venice and Trieste. I did make it to Milano a couple times though. It was a lovely city then and may still be. But that was before half of the members on this forum were born. It looks as if the Northern part of Italy is pretty much the same all the way across except for the Alps which are more Bavarian. But I do believe that there is something about that Tuscan sun.

lrp