joby tripod - PhotographyCorner.com Forums

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography Equipment > Pro Equipment & Lighting

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

#1    Top
Old April 26th, 2012, 11:12 AM
joby tripod

anyone use these? are they as good as they advertize? they look cool, but i dont want my camera to smash to the ground. i think there is a big one and little one?

thank you

KyR'i
Sponsors
  #2    Top
Old April 26th, 2012, 02:07 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: joby tripod

I've used them... they're quite study, but I wouldn't put my camera up in a tree with it or anything.
  #3    Top
Old April 26th, 2012, 06:15 PM

ohh poo.that is exactly what i wanted to do hahahahahha

KyR'i
  #4    Top
Old April 26th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: jp2
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim L. Walker View Post
I've used them... they're quite study, but I wouldn't put my camera up in a tree with it or anything.
You could always fashion a backup safety leash, ie falls out of tree BUT not all the way to the ground.
  #5    Top
Old April 26th, 2012, 07:59 PM

that sounds like a good idea, thanks

KyR'i
  #6    Top
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Premiere Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

I've got the Joby Gorilla Pod Focus with the Ballhead X, it works wonders. It's built like a tank, does what it says and can actually fit nicely in the side pocket of my bag. I haven't hung anything from a tree but I have used it for some flower and bug macros. It's nice that I can set all the legs differently to get where I want to be.

Find what you love and let it kill you.....

Charles Bukowski

Support My 2014 Pan Mass Challenge Ride to Cure Cancer

My Official Gear List
  #7    Top
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

I have the second biggest one and have not had it let go. I hung it from a railing 2 floors up at Animal Kingdom lodge in Disney. I would trust it hanging from a tree branch as long as I could hook two legs around the backside of a branch, and then tied them under the branch to the front leg.
I would however recommend the largest size pod. Mine doesn't hold the camera up as well with bigger lenses. It always seems to droop a little. That could have been the ball head I had on it though.
The first shows the view from where it was hooked to the railing.
The second shows the actual railing it was hooked to.

What camera/lens combo would you use it with?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0078.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	220.8 KB
ID:	88284  Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0081.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	88285  
  #8    Top
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:58 PM

sweet pic.... ok. gaining more confidence in the jobester..funny, i also named my dog jobi

KyR'i
  #9    Top
Old April 29th, 2012, 03:45 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Well there ya go... I guess you can hang it from a tree then.
  #10    Top
Old April 29th, 2012, 09:24 PM

naa naa na boo boo lol

KyR'i
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography Equipment > Pro Equipment & Lighting