Street Fair Singers and Players! - PhotographyCorner.com Forums

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > People

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

#1    Top
Old April 29th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Street Fair Singers and Players!

These were shot at "Little Italy" art fest in San Diego. I just recieved a new SB400 flash and wanted it to have a simple, light weight unit to basically leave on my walk about camera and to have some fill flash when needed. It worked like a charm, I also used a Sto-fen diffuser on it and dialed down the output by one stop. C&C's always welcome.

Real Estate site http://www.flickr.com/photos/94212168@N08/
  #2    Top
Old April 29th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: 2013_09_26_4135_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: Street Fair Singers and Players!

Excellent shots. I was looking at that flash also.
  #3    Top
Old April 29th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

On it's first outing, it earned it's keep!

#4    Top
Old April 30th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

All are great Orv! Appears that flash is working just as you had hoped. Amazing what a difference a little fill can make.

Find what you love and let it kill you.....

Charles Bukowski

Support My 2014 Pan Mass Challenge Ride to Cure Cancer

My Official Gear List
  #5    Top
Old April 30th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Yep, fill can make all the difference, especially in harsh light. Great shots, here.
  #6    Top
Old May 1st, 2012, 08:41 PM
Recent Photo: web_ready_DSC_0025
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Again Orv, a great series of shots. I'm more jealeous of the sunshine and shirt sleeves. We are still experiencing near freezing morning temperatures here. No outdoor folk fests yet.

Some people are only as happy as they make up their minds to be.
  #7    Top
Old May 1st, 2012, 09:00 PM
Premiere Member

Hi Gary, don't believe all you see, we went from April showers into grey May and June gloom is around the corner. We just enjoy the nice days when they happen just like everybode else and will miss them if I don't get out of the office and take advantage of the sun!

Sponsors
  #8    Top
Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:44 AM

Nice tips for the group!
Nothing better than a late afternoon street level mini concert!
HB
Visit Our Portfolio and Daily Photo Posts at www.louisannimage.com
  #9    Top
Old May 19th, 2012, 02:50 AM
Junior VIP Member

Nice job with the fill. Flash always seems to work best to me the less noticable it is, and these are very natural looking images. Well done.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > People