Good Night Manhattan - Page 2 - PhotographyCorner.com Forums

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Urban Scenes

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

#11    Top
Old April 30th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: In the Shade
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Good Night Manhattan

I gotta say Mike, after looking at both images I prefer the smooth water look..
Bill H.
  #12    Top
Old April 30th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Steve's gulls 4
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Mike,
All 3 shots are superb, richly colored, tack sharp, and GREAT composition. I think I have a slight preference for the 1st's darker blue but I'm also intrigued by the yellowish version. What WB settings were you using?
  #13    Top
Old April 30th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Premiere Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

All are great shots! I'm with Russ here, I think the yellow one with the detailed water is my favorite.

Find what you love and let it kill you.....

Charles Bukowski

Support My 2014 Pan Mass Challenge Ride to Cure Cancer

My Official Gear List
  #14    Top
Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:32 AM
Elite Member

Wow really nice picture!
  #15    Top
Old May 8th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Senior VIP Member

Both shots are absolutely amazing, nuff said. One day, maybe, I will be almost that talented, if I keep shooting long enough.

Joshua 1:9
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes."
--Dewitt Jones
Canon 7D gripped, 5D gripped; EF 50f1.8; EF 70-200f2.8L IS, EF 28-105, EF 17-40f4L; 580 EX; other stuff.
flickr
www.southpaw-photography.com
  #16    Top
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Mike,
All 3 shots are superb, richly colored, tack sharp, and GREAT composition. I think I have a slight preference for the 1st's darker blue but I'm also intrigued by the yellowish version. What WB settings were you using?
Russ, the white balance was set a auto white, but I believe this shot was aided by the use a gold filter. I really don't remember using the filter on this shot, but I was using it earlier in the evening so I may have popped it on for this one.
  #17    Top
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Great shots Mike, you make me want to spend more time in NYC!

Real Estate site http://www.flickr.com/photos/94212168@N08/
  #18    Top
Old May 18th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Elite Member

Wow Beautiful Capture
  #19    Top
Old May 21st, 2012, 12:14 AM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Great capture.

Gear List

'Every other artist begins with a blank canvas, a piece of paper the photographer begins with the finished product. ' ..... Edward Steichen
  #20    Top
Old May 25th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Junior VIP Member

Great shots Mike. Love the lines of the bridge and the railing in the foreground. I think the third is my favourite. Love the smooth water but the first is just a little too dark for me.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Urban Scenes