For UK Members - Public Liability Insurance Providers? - PhotographyCorner.com Forums

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography 101

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

#1    Top
Old May 3rd, 2012, 03:58 AM
Recent Photo: DSC0096_Adjustments_
For UK Members - Public Liability Insurance Providers?

Hi,

I am a newbie, and am trying to gain more experience in event photography by volunteering my services to local charities. It gives them an opportunity to have some (probably not very good!) images and I can learn from each experience and gain a few images for my portfolio.

However, I was talking to the HMRC about whether I needed to register to do this even though I won't earn any more at all, not even expenses (my choice they have been offered) and they mentioned about public liability insurance, which I hadn't considered at this stage.

It does make sense though and a couple of these events are going to be big with a lot of public contact, so I think I should probably get some insurance to cover myself, just in case!

So my question is please, can anyone recommend a photography centric insurance company which will cover public liability and possibly equipment as well, although I don't have much to insure at the moment?

Many thanks in advance and sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section!

Best wishes, Lynne
  #2    Top
Old May 15th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Re: For UK Members - Public Liability Insurance Providers?

Here's a useful article:-

http://www.swpp.co.uk/insurance/pi-pl.htm

and a google search for "uk photography public liability insurance" turns up plenty of options. Expect to pay 60+ for 1m of cover.

Here's a few
Insurer Annual Premium Public and Products Liability
Ageas 75.53 Included cover 2,000,000

Finsbury 75.68 Included cover 2,000,000
Insurance Group

Groupama 80.69 Included cover 2,000,000
Insurance Company Limited

Glemham 92.45 Included cover 2,000,000

Hiscox 95.40 Included cover 2,000,000
Sponsors
  #3    Top
Old May 15th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Recent Photo: DSC0096_Adjustments_
Re: For UK Members - Public Liability Insurance Providers?

Many thanks ngwillym, never thought to Google it! I will have a read of the article, thanks very much
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography 101