Morning Bug - PhotographyCorner.com Forums

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

#1    Top
Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:00 AM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Morning Bug

Bugs love to sit on the sides of my house and garage. I saw an interesting looking one this morning on the side of the garage but unfortunately it flew away before I got a shot but this one stayed around. Not nearly as interesting but beggars can't be choosers. When I first spied it I thought it was a fly since it's about the same size and color.

Jerry

Sponsors
  #2    Top
Old May 2nd, 2012, 01:29 PM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Morning Bug

I posted the first image this morning stating that the bug I wanted to capture had flown away. Now here it is early afternoon and he or one of his relatives returned.

Jerry

#3    Top
Old May 2nd, 2012, 05:18 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: 2013_09_26_4135_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

I don't know what that green one is, but it's very interesting. Green with transparent wings, you captured it well.
  #4    Top
Old May 2nd, 2012, 06:54 PM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

these are cool and i agree with suci the green one well looks very cool
  #5    Top
Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:06 AM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

These are both very sharp images and that green bug is very cool...wish he weren't partially under the siding...
  #6    Top
Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:11 AM
Senior VIP Member

Thanks all. That green insect is a lacewing. I saw a couple more on the side of the garage but they all seemed to be trying to get under the siding. As soon as they would come out into the full open they would fly away. I would love to get a full open shot of one.

Jerry
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things