Tuscany pt. 8 - PhotographyCorner.com Forums

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

#1    Top
Old May 2nd, 2012, 02:39 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Tuscany pt. 8

Still in the town of Lucca, I Climbed the Guinigi tower.
In this pic, you can see the tower in the background with it's oak trees growing on it's top.

Steps on the way up.

When you emerge at the top, this is what you see.

A panoramic view looking northish. Since Lucca was a wealthy town, many of the richest expressed their worth by building towers. Int his scene I think Anna and I counted nine towers. It may be difficult to see at this size, but they're there.

Coming back down.

Last edited by mrchile; May 2nd, 2012 at 02:46 PM.
  #2    Top
Old May 2nd, 2012, 03:02 PM
Elite Member
Recent Photo: DSC04769
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Tuscany pt. 8

Delightful ! I'm struck by how clean everything is there, no debris or graffiti as in Rome. That panoramic shot is beautiful, and I can count 9 towers also (but it took some looking), thanks.

"You repair things with tools, you fix things with a hammer"

albums @ http://s1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj541/nod7/
  #3    Top
Old May 2nd, 2012, 05:11 PM
Premiere Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

They just keep getting better and better! Got to love the stairwell shots. They remind me of an Escher print. The detail in the bricks is well done.

Find what you love and let it kill you.....

Charles Bukowski

Support My 2014 Pan Mass Challenge Ride to Cure Cancer

My Official Gear List
  #4    Top
Old May 2nd, 2012, 06:59 PM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

absolutely lovely and i'm so jealous!
  #5    Top
Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:49 PM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

"Steps on the way up" - Awesome pic

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #6    Top
Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:07 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Ice_storm_3
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

I counted 8 towers...9th has to be the one you're on!!!
I would never be able climb those stairs...Like the oaks on top of the tower.

"Let your words be few, and your exposures many."
  #7    Top
Old May 3rd, 2012, 06:02 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Thank you for commenting friends.

Don, most of these old smaller towns are pretty much graffiti free, but I did see some, mostly on the train ride to Florence.

I recounted and found 10-12, depending on how high you think a tower has to be.
2 look like little more than raised dormers, but they are above roof level.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	towers.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	305.4 KB
ID:	88437  
  #8    Top
Old May 3rd, 2012, 08:06 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: 2013_09_26_4135_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Beautiful. The last one made me dizzy.
  #9    Top
Old May 4th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Great stuff, as expected. A question: What are the oaks growing in and why haven't the roots broken through?
Sponsors
  #10    Top
Old May 4th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Premiere Member

Thank you gentlemen, for commenting.

Janos, if you think the picture is dizzying, you should try looking at the real thing.

The oaks are in large raised beds Mr t.

They aren't very large, as oak trees go. I'm sure they keep them trimmed so as not to damage the tower.