Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Member Introductions

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old January 5th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Zeeland
Re: George Henry

Thanks George!

Starting Photographer | Nikon D3100 | Canon AE-1 | Like to learn!

You might want to consider uploading through the PC-Galleries!
  #12    Top
Old January 5th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Account Disabled
Recent Photo: Buick '55
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0georgehenry0 View Post
.................There's no reason I shouldn't be able to post a link to my site...................I've seen lots of links on here to people's flikrs or whatever.

As far as the photo contest goes let the judges decide who took the best picture.

.............................If you don't think 25 is enough then get whoever makes the rules to set it higher.
This site is expertly managed/administered by the founder/owner/admin (Tim) with able assistance from the volunteer moderators. The owner sets the rules and the members agree to abide by them.....it ain't a true democracy nor is it alleged to be!

Re others linking to Flickr et al, you'll note that when done its usually as an adjunct to their mainstay here at Photography Corner. Our impression appears to be that you want us to enmasse visit your site rather than you participate here.....that's a huge difference!

The judges are fellow members.

Re the 25, there is much discussion about that eligibility criteria. The idea is to be fair to the new and existing base without being onerous to the those genuinely interested in participating long term. If the threshold was set at 50 or 500, the reality is that anyone willing to pump out 25 replies in rapid fire sequence merely/principally to qualify would probably also fire off 50 or 500. It isn't quantity, or even quality, its the more subjective intent to be part of THIS community.
  #13    Top
Old January 5th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Banned

I posted links on other pages so people can see my work and see that I know what I'm talking about.

I don't expect anyone to go to my site and buy stuff.
Sponsors
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Member Introductions