Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old November 6th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: First-day-of-school
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Toronto Outings?

Does anyone still get together and do outings here in Toronto anymore?

Jewel
  #2    Top
Old November 6th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Elite Member
Re: Toronto Outings?

There's a group of Pentax shooters who do from time to time, I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you tagged along.
  #3    Top
Old November 6th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

If you are looking for corner member get-togethers, there has been one in Allentown PA that has been popular. I haven't seen TJ posting anything recently so I don't know if something is in the works for 2014.

One thing you can do is pick a timeframe and put a post inviting people out for a walk. You might even get help from others in the area as to locations, finding hotels, etc... While Toronto may be a little far at this time for myself, there are plenty of others in and around that area.

I am thinking of trying to organize something in the spring in San Diego but much will be if I have the time to do so. I am planning on another class so it might be put off until later.
  #4    Top
Old November 7th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewel View Post

Jewel
Hey Jewely -
Set something up for December. Christmas in the Distillery District? I'm due for a visit and we can probably talk Carl and a few others to join in.

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
  #5    Top
Old November 7th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon_Mario View Post
Hey Jewely -
Set something up for December. Christmas in the Distillery District? I'm due for a visit and we can probably talk Carl and a few others to join in.
Hello Mario, how have you been my friend? Christmas in the Distillery sounds like a good idea, I've only ever been there in the summer months. I will try and pick a date and post something, see if anyone else is interested k?

How have things been here on the corner, feels like for ever since I've been on the forums

Jewel
  #6    Top
Old November 7th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Recent Photo: Horses In Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewel View Post

Jewel
This is certainly something I would be interested in. Toronto is only a hop and a skip from here in the nations capital. Mario and I will talk, and perhaps Viktor as well.

Some people are only as happy as they make up their minds to be.
  #7    Top
Old November 7th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara Falls sunset
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Yep, count me in for the talks, hopefully I can make it out

My Smugmug
  #8    Top
Old November 11th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

If all things heal the way they should be, I might be able to come out and play in 5 weeks at the Distillery.
Visit me here..Room57
  #9    Top
Old November 12th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Recent Photo: mrchile - Peony
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by agiledogs View Post
If you are looking for corner member get-togethers, there has been one in Allentown PA that has been popular. I haven't seen TJ posting anything recently so I don't know if something is in the works for 2014.
2015 will be the next meet-up in Allentown.

I really, really wish I could get up North for a get-together! Christmas at the Distillery sounds like a blast!
Sponsors
  #10    Top
Old November 13th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Premiere Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
If all things heal the way they should be, I might be able to come out and play in 5 weeks at the Distillery.
You need to rest my friend, the walkabout can be postponed until the New Year. The Distillery will still be beautiful in Jan/Feb
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Corner Photo Walks