Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Contest Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old June 9th, 2014, 09:03 PM
Administrator
Contest Corner Challenge #110: New Beginnings

Title: Contest Corner Challenge #110: New Beginnings

Start Date: Monday, June 9th, 2014 (photos taken before this date are not eligible).

Entries Due By: Monday, July 14th, 2014 (entries are due in by midnight, and voting will begin the next day).

Sponsor: Think Tank Photo: A group of designers and professional photographers focused on studying how photographers work and developing inventive new carrying solutions that meet their needs. They are dedicated to using only the highest quality materials and design principles, and employing materials that are environmentally benign.

Prize: The winner will receive a Think Tank Photo City Walker 30 (Blue) camera bag - a $165 value! Lightweight, soft and refined, these messenger bags have a hip-hugging form and room for a tablet or laptop. The fully removable insert enables you to go from a camera to messenger bag.

Description: To celebrate the new ownership of the Photography Corner, the theme for this month's contest is "New Beginnings." As Photography Corner goes through a rebirth, rejuvenation and resurrection. Show us your definition of "New Beginnings!"

READ BEFORE ENTERING: Before entering a photograph, be sure to read the guidelines and submission requirements listed here: Contest Corner Rules & Regulations. Any photographs submitted that do not adhere to these guidelines will be rejected and sent back. Please make sure the photograph is taken during the contest period.
  #2    Top
Old June 9th, 2014, 10:15 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Contest Corner Challenge #110: New Beginnings

I like it! I might even enter this one (with a new baby due any day now and all).
  #3    Top
Old June 10th, 2014, 06:17 PM
The One and Only
Recent Photo: Wood Frog
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason

I might actually have an entry for his one already. Fingers crossed!

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” - Dr. Denis Waitley
  #4    Top
Old July 2nd, 2014, 12:55 PM

Marram,
As a slide film only shooter, it is not possible for me to shoot, have my film processed, scanned and submitted in the time frame necessary to be eligble for the contest.
Unfortunately the days of 3-hour turnaround on E-6 processing are long gone, and usually the best service I get is 2-1/2 to 3 weeks.
I assume that the rationale for the time-frame is to promote the taking of new images by encouraging people to get out and shoot.
I'm out virtually every weekend, and am always getting back new images. however, my freshest pictures are jus t not quite as "fresh" as the rules dictate.
For a couple of years I was granted an exemption from the time period rule at another site (Nikoncafe) in order to post photos in the Collective Shoot forum, a themed one-week contest that did not include prizes.
However this was recently revoked when to my utter astonishment some members complained, and so I am now unable to participate in the activity.
I am not prepared to be deceitful or cheat to enter the contests here, but wonder if in the spirit of inclusion, rather than one of exclusion a time exemption could be granted to the four of us left in the world still only shooting 35mm slide film?
I will of course respect and abide by any decision you make.
  #5    Top
Old July 3rd, 2014, 09:13 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara river pan
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Actually Robert, this particular contest has a posting period of over a month.
That being said, I myself would not have a problem with an older submission from film shooters being submitted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBSinTo View Post
Marram,
As a slide film only shooter, it is not possible for me to shoot, have my film processed, scanned and submitted in the time frame necessary to be eligble for the contest.
Unfortunately the days of 3-hour turnaround on E-6 processing are long gone, and usually the best service I get is 2-1/2 to 3 weeks.
I assume that the rationale for the time-frame is to promote the taking of new images by encouraging people to get out and shoot.
I'm out virtually every weekend, and am always getting back new images. however, my freshest pictures are jus t not quite as "fresh" as the rules dictate.
For a couple of years I was granted an exemption from the time period rule at another site (Nikoncafe) in order to post photos in the Collective Shoot forum, a themed one-week contest that did not include prizes.
However this was recently revoked when to my utter astonishment some members complained, and so I am now unable to participate in the activity.
I am not prepared to be deceitful or cheat to enter the contests here, but wonder if in the spirit of inclusion, rather than one of exclusion a time exemption could be granted to the four of us left in the world still only shooting 35mm slide film?
I will of course respect and abide by any decision you make.
and sixteen doozies in a humdinger.
Nobody knows how many humdingers are in a lollapalooza.
George Carlin
  #6    Top
Old July 4th, 2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchile View Post
Actually Robert, this particular contest has a posting period of over a month.
That being said, I myself would not have a problem with an older submission from film shooters being submitted.
Said as a site Moderator, or just a Citizen like me?
  #7    Top
Old July 4th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

As a site moderator I don't think I would have a problem with it as long it was shot within say 3-4 months of a particular contest. Keep in mind that the idea for the contests restrictions are to have people out shooting new things based on the criteria for any particular contest rather than searching their vast archives for something that fits a particular theme.
  #8    Top
Old July 6th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara river pan
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBSinTo View Post
Said as a site Moderator, or just a Citizen like me?
As a citizen. I'm not a moderator on this site.
Clark makes a good point. As long as the photo is recent.
Just keep in mind that I have no real say anyway. Just expressing an opinion.
and sixteen doozies in a humdinger.
Nobody knows how many humdingers are in a lollapalooza.
George Carlin
  #9    Top
Old July 13th, 2014, 08:01 PM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

How do you enter? I dont see instructions above or what the guidelines are.

We just had a baby girl *kid #2 for us* so I got a few "new beginnings" pictures.

edit > nevermind, its in your signature.
  #10    Top
Old July 17th, 2014, 10:55 AM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

When will the voting begin?
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Contests > Contest Corner