Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Articles

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old December 26th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Wannabe Photo Taker
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Basic Landscape Photography

Great article Rocky. I always look for new ways to turn my so-so shots into great shots. Thanks for taking the time to write this.
  #12    Top
Old December 27th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Brother
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Great article. Thanks, Rocky!
Allentown, PA Corner Meetup!
I know the REAL Mike Dorn!!
  #13    Top
Old January 11th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Lunatic Lensman
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreya94 View Post
Pictures in which the main subject is water, land sunset, snow, etc are all classified as landscapes. In these shots, composition is arranged in large masses, a river winding from one end of the picture to the other, several houses nestled in the hills of a Vermont village, a range of mountain tops.

yup, pretty much...

"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
~ Three Dog Night

http://www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  #14    Top
Old January 11th, 2011, 11:25 AM
By His Grace
Recent Photo: Sunrise on the Beach
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSpecial Contribution Award: This award is given for extremely dedicated work towards the growth and success of PhotographyCorner. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Nice article, Rocky.

One sentence particular said a lot to me: "Landscape photographers must select their vantage point with care to achieve the perspective and composition they want." This is so true. Great shots rarely come from luck. A good lesson for all types of photography, not just landscape.
  #15    Top
Old November 29th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Eagle In A Tree I
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

This is an excellent article on the fundamentals of landscape photography. It's amazing that for as long as I have being doing this it's always a good idea to refresh my skills.
  #16    Top
Old December 8th, 2012, 01:04 AM

Thanks for the article!!
It is really helpful for the basic landscape photography...very well written i must say
Keep posting and thanks for sharing
  #17    Top
Old January 3rd, 2013, 11:17 PM

Do you run webinars?
  #18    Top
Old June 12th, 2014, 04:39 AM
Spammer

www.veganlist.com.au
  #19    Top
Old August 1st, 2014, 01:20 PM
Recent Photo: WAYLA? Tighter Crop
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

I admit, I was lured to this article due to the spammer bumping the article in my feed, but since I was here I read the article and it was definitely worth the read.

My Blog "The Darkroom"
Ian Kuhn Photography
  #20    Top
Old September 28th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Parakeets
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Great article. Very helpful.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Resources > Articles