Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old November 17th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Cuyamaca Peak

This past weekend I climb Cuyamaca Peak using an old fire road and then came down the conejos trail to Azelea Springs trail and back to the campground where I had parked for day use. Still have lots to process and a story to tell.

There are 2 starting points, the beginning of the fire road or meeting the road at the back of the campsite. This is looking back down the fire road to its starting point.

In 2003 there was a massive wild fire in the area. The Cedar fire was so intense that this area was literally scorched earth. Even today more than 10 years since...the skeletons of hundreds of trees remind of of that fire.

The area has had to be re-planted as there was no chance of it growing back on its own. I'll have more pics of the planting and more devastation in a later thread.

This trail is opposite another hike I have posted about Stonewall Peak

This particular trail climbs to the second highest point in San Diego County.
  #2    Top
Old November 18th, 2014, 05:35 AM
Preferred Member
Recent Photo: IMG_0321_copy_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Cuyamaca Peak

It's a shame what fire can do to our beautiful nature landscapes. Nicely taken and presented.
  #3    Top
Old November 20th, 2014, 11:47 AM

I feel sorry for those trees, but they might make a great silhouette against a night sky.
  #4    Top
Old November 20th, 2014, 07:07 PM
Account Disabled
Recent Photo: Buick '55
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

The golden grass foreground and green midground balances the super rich (too?) blue sky in #2. #1 looks overall too dark on my monitor, especially given the sharp, dark shadows and thus expectation to see brightly sunlit elements. I'd reduce saturation and contrast, increase brightness.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places