Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Feedback > Questions & Suggestions

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#21    Top
Old June 16th, 2015, 12:20 PM
Recent Photo: WAYLA? Tighter Crop
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: What does one have to do to get a comment????

I'd be okay with a Like button, only because a lot of the time before I get t o a photo, any comment I *might* have made was already made by someone else. That and there are a lot of photos that I like, but coudln't tell you why, or I like them, but don't love them. They don't leave me going "Wow" or "I wish I could replicate that." It's just...that's a nice shot. Even the photography that I'm not personally into I can still appreciate the nice shot and what went into it. Honestly I feel like a schlub half the time that my comments consist slowly of "Nice," "Very nice," or some variation thereof.

I want to acknowledge that I saw the image, that I liked it, but honestly have no further comment beyond that.

My Blog "The Darkroom"
Ian Kuhn Photography
Sponsors
  #22    Top
Old June 16th, 2015, 04:30 PM
Senior VIP Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaharris1001 View Post
I'm glad you replied,, I wasnt exactly referring to "YOU" in particular, it was intended to be more of a general reference, but I guess you could be included in that general reference
all of us "long time" forum members usually welcome good AND bad critiques, I do, I have a thick skin and I'm sure you do as well,, I KNOW what I like in my own work and if someone disagrees thats fine, it doesnt hurt my feelings,,we have had some though that got offended if comments other then "GREAT" werent used and of course some of those people are no longer here,,
you know another thing is you should venture outside of JUST using the "urban" section of this forum, I've stated before that the "sharing" section gets a lot more traffic and you are more likely to get your images seen in those sections as well as commented upon, again there are weeks that go by where I dont even go into certain areas but I always stop in the sharing section,, go through other areas of the forum, comment on other peoples work, I'm not a bird shooter but I still comment on bird images, same for portraits and many other genre's
Summer is upon us and hitting hard here in Florida, so for me personally activity is less then it was when it was cool out, that may be a reason for slow activity
If there was a like button, I would have liked this post! As well as the post above this one. I can't be anything but positive to have a like button, you can like someones reply to your thread, you can like a photo, you can even like beating dead horses
  #23    Top
Old September 27th, 2015, 09:15 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Hard

I've been asking myself this very question. I'll admit that I haven't been here in ages and I'm sure being active here and building relationships with people helps. I recently posted in the critique section as I really wanted some feedback. In almost a month I've received zero comments. Meanwhile someone has posted a photo that they've admitted isn't even theirs, in the same forum, and that has more comments than mine, granted 2 of those comments are suggesting they credit the actual photographer.

Anyway, I found this thread whilst searching on how to post photos. I've tried using the little photo icon but this crashes Safari on my iPad everytime I try. If someone could direct me to a tutorial on how to show my photos in the body of my post, preferably from an iPad, I'd greatly appreciate it.
  #24    Top
Old September 27th, 2015, 10:20 AM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Hi Karen to post images in the body of your post you need to include the [IMG] and [ /IMG] tags. Note there is no space between the [ and \ characters in the closing tag. What is included between the tags is a link to a jpg file, note the file name must end in jpg. Typically this is pointing to where the image is stored on the internet like in a flikr account or photobucket account or other image hosting service. Note the file must end in .jpg or the link will not work. You also cannot link directly to files on your local hard drive or iPad.

In the post editor there is a landsacape icon which can be used to set up your tags where you copy in the URL path to your image to make things easier.

Let me know if this answers your question about posting images
  #25    Top
Old September 27th, 2015, 04:48 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by agiledogs View Post
Hi Karen to post images in the body of your post you need to include the [IMG] and [ /IMG] tags. Note there is no space between the [ and \ characters in the closing tag. What is included between the tags is a link to a jpg file, note the file name must end in jpg. Typically this is pointing to where the image is stored on the internet like in a flikr account or photobucket account or other image hosting service. Note the file must end in .jpg or the link will not work. You also cannot link directly to files on your local hard drive or iPad.

In the post editor there is a landsacape icon which can be used to set up your tags where you copy in the URL path to your image to make things easier.

Let me know if this answers your question about posting images
Thank you very much. This is very helpful and I think I've got it figured out from my computer. I was really hoping to eliminate the step of first posting to Flickr but I'm OK with this method. When using the landscape icon on my iPad Safari crashes every time. Might just be my iPad, it is getting old. Thanks again.
  #26    Top
Old September 27th, 2015, 08:13 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Well at least you can type the tags manually
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Feedback > Questions & Suggestions