Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Macro

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old October 18th, 2015, 07:53 PM
Dreaming Big
Recent Photo: Testing my gear
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Colors

Playing around with my Macro lens.
Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	colors.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	933.8 KB
ID:	93560  
  #3    Top
Old November 17th, 2015, 11:01 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: My best friend Becky
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Re: Colors

I really like the idea but I have to agree with Michelle.
Even just one tip would change the effect.
  #4    Top
Old November 17th, 2015, 06:35 PM
Senior VIP Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

I agree with the critique above but it's still a great shot and definitely "Color"ful Maybe you have one from the shoot where there are some of the tips in focus
  #5    Top
Old November 17th, 2015, 06:39 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Your focus as mentioned you should be on the tip of the crayons unless of course you want to change your angle of view looking at the sides of the crayons.

I think also you would benefit from a much longer DOF to have the entire top of the crayon in focus rather than the tip alone.

This can be accomplished effectively by using focus stacking.
  #6    Top
Old December 7th, 2015, 08:44 PM
Dreaming Big
Recent Photo: Testing my gear
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Thanks everyone. Great points!