Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Urban Scenes

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old January 17th, 2016, 07:35 AM
One Mans Dream

Hi all,

I have been waiting a long time to upload this photo, hope I don't need to explain the meaning.

All comments welcome

One mans dream by richard booth, on Flickr

Ric
Sponsors
  #2    Top
Old January 18th, 2016, 12:09 AM
The One and Only
Recent Photo: Wood Frog
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: One Mans Dream

Wow... That is a very powerful photo. Very sad, but powerful. Love your choice of b/w.

Makes you realize how much we have, and how little others how to get by with.

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” - Dr. Denis Waitley
  #3    Top
Old January 19th, 2016, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gems View Post
Wow... That is a very powerful photo. Very sad, but powerful. Love your choice of b/w.

Makes you realize how much we have, and how little others how to get by with.
Hi Sabine,

Thanks for your comments, It does make you realise how fortunate in life we are. I was going to try and bring back some color back into the room but just left black and white as I don't think that it needs any fancy adjustments. (in my mind)

Thanks again

Ric
  #4    Top
Old January 19th, 2016, 09:57 AM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Very nice. What a statement and yes it does make one feel fortunate. I don't think selective color would have made this any better. I prefer the full BW.
  #5    Top
Old January 23rd, 2016, 08:47 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: My best friend Becky
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

I agree with the comments above. Absolutely no need to explain this photo, it talks by itself, loud and clear. It does make you think.. and the black and white is the perfect choice for it - I love the vignette that close the image in.
Well done.

Can I be nosy? You said that you waited a lot of time to upload this photo, what is a matter of finding the time or you were not sure if it was appropriate or not? Just curiosity. You don't have to answer if you don't want to.
  #6    Top
Old January 24th, 2016, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedericaS View Post
I agree with the comments above. Absolutely no need to explain this photo, it talks by itself, loud and clear. It does make you think.. and the black and white is the perfect choice for it - I love the vignette that close the image in.
Well done.

Can I be nosy? You said that you waited a lot of time to upload this photo, what is a matter of finding the time or you were not sure if it was appropriate or not? Just curiosity. You don't have to answer if you don't want to.
Thanks for the Comments, I really appreciate the feedback.

I took over three thousand photos in America and it got lost a little in the mess. It was always one of my favorite photos, I just wanted to take a little time with it. I have three different processes but the simple black and white was always the way to go as. I can sometimes ruin a good photo with too much extra work but thanks to these forums and all your comments i am learning a lot.

Ric
  #7    Top
Old January 26th, 2016, 11:53 AM

Wow...simply brilliant...b/w makes it even more appealing. Great work
  #8    Top
Old March 23rd, 2016, 09:41 AM
Premiere Member

Excellent shot!! powerful photo- yes the choice of B&W here is good...!

The photographer's camera is the race driver's car- the artist's brush, the pilot's aircraft, the author's pen.
For each, the instrument extends the senses, and liberates the mind.
Robshaw53
  #9    Top
Old June 29th, 2016, 12:53 PM
Preferred Member
Recent Photo: IMG_0321_copy_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Not everything is beautiful in this world. When people complain about their lives...let them look at this.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Urban Scenes