Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old November 30th, 2016, 08:04 AM
Preferred Member
Recent Photo: IMG_0321_copy_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Photography Abruptly Ended for Me This Year:

Hope you get better soon Hugo...wishing you well.
Sponsors
  #12    Top
Old December 5th, 2016, 01:09 PM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Well, frustrated and annoyed. First snowfall of the year and I can't go out to either Bear Creek Park or Green Timbers to photograph it.

Still have pain in the patellar tendon. Don't have a cane and trying to convince my wife that I need one at least temporarily is a pain too. I'm doddering around like a 90 year old grandpa (no offense to 90 year old grandfathers, my humblest apologies), but I'm slower than a snail on Valium.

And on top of that, I need to save up to get the radiator in the car repaired - ran out of coolant (so there's probably a slow leak somewhere). I end up with the car's radiator and coolant level dropping to empty and no way that I can physically walk that distance to the Canadian Tire to buy enough coolant to get the car at a running temperature that doesn't exceed 125 degrees that may buy me some time before I can take the car into the dealership to get it repaired. Did I ever tell you how much I hate that bastard: Murphy? (If anything can go wrong, it will).

So as a result: No photography unless it's from the end of my @#$%ing driveway which is as far as I can totter outside.

Yeah...it's really interesting. Did I tell you I hate Murphy? Been trying to evict his sorry butt but he won't leave.

So...no shots like this one...this year.

Just this boring thing from the end of my driveway.

Sorry, but I ain't going to stress my legs and head out to Green Timbers; halfway there hearing a *pop* as my tendon ruptures. Sorry to *****, but well... Frustration building up and I needed a release valve.
My Gear
  #13    Top
Old December 12th, 2016, 07:14 PM
Senior VIP Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Godspeed on your recovery and glad to hear your feeling better
  #14    Top
Old December 15th, 2016, 08:12 AM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Got so choked about being stuck inside, I decided to risk my ankles and tottered out to the road on Sunday night to take these images. Not the best, but at least it somewhat sated my photography bug for a while. Still PO'd about the car and the antibiotic side-effects.

My Gear
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner