Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old February 15th, 2017, 08:34 PM
Elite VIP Member
Recent Photo: 06/14/09 Chase_6
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
Canyonlands...

I've been revisiting my photos from my vacation this summer and this image went unedited for almost 7 months! I had so many at the time that I only processed what I thought were the best highlights of the trip. While I was browsing my RAW files I saw this one and the composition really stuck out to me. And of course the nostalgia from the trip all came back to me and made we want to go on another vacation! But for now I'll just have to make due with this. This is from the Island in the Sky drive that sits atop a mesa that is 1000ft above the canyon floor. The views from this are breathtaking. Here I am looking down towards the Green River with Mt Ellen way in the background. I hope you enjoy this photo!

-Ben
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	web_70.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	909.0 KB
ID:	94047  

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then what are the one's that render us speechless...

My Gear

http://www.bdjphoto.com
My Photo Blog
My Storm Chasing Blog
Sponsors
  #2    Top
Old February 15th, 2017, 10:13 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Re: Canyonlands...

We all want another vacation or the previous vacation to go on another day. I like this one as well it really captures a beautiful area well
  #3    Top
Old February 16th, 2017, 11:07 AM
Junior VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

I'm glad you revisited your photos. That shot is absolutely amazing.

I can only imagine the view in person.
  #4    Top
Old February 18th, 2017, 12:57 PM
The One and Only
Recent Photo: Wood Frog
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason

Wow... what a view! Thanks for sharing.

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” - Dr. Denis Waitley
  #5    Top
Old February 20th, 2017, 11:25 PM
Elite VIP Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by agiledogs View Post
We all want another vacation or the previous vacation to go on another day. I like this one as well it really captures a beautiful area well
Yes, that is very true. I could've stayed there all week just watching the light play on the landscape. Truly a majestic place. Thanks for your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingdragon View Post
I'm glad you revisited your photos. That shot is absolutely amazing.

I can only imagine the view in person.
Thank you for your comment. The view in real life is unmatched. There was no way I could capture all of its glory with my camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gems View Post
Wow... what a view! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you, Sabine!

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then what are the one's that render us speechless...

My Gear

My Photo Blog
My Storm Chasing Blog
  #6    Top
Old February 21st, 2017, 08:47 AM

Great photo, thanks for sharing. Canyonlands is at the top of my list of places to visit, so I appreciate the inspiration.
  #7    Top
Old February 23rd, 2017, 10:42 PM
Elite VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc2242 View Post
Great photo, thanks for sharing. Canyonlands is at the top of my list of places to visit, so I appreciate the inspiration.
Its really an amazing place. I wish I could've stayed longer.

My Gear

My Photo Blog
My Storm Chasing Blog
  #8    Top
Old March 7th, 2017, 08:12 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Roses On Counter Top
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Beautiful light and textures...
  #9    Top
Old March 11th, 2017, 09:51 PM
Elite VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrywb View Post
Beautiful light and textures...
Thank you Jerry!

My Gear

My Photo Blog
My Storm Chasing Blog
  #10    Top
Old March 18th, 2017, 03:05 AM
Elite Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Very atmospheric shot. I especially like the clarity in the foreground receding into a hazy progressive flow to the mountains.

Exceptionally well composed.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places