Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old June 23rd, 2005, 11:30 AM
Premiere Member
This might be a weird idea, but have wanted to setup a shot like this where the rider is on the bike. Park the bike on a stretch of single lane road and shoot head on but at an angle that you dont get yourself in the frame just the open road and maybe a little of the speedometer just to give the viewer an idea of the "Open Road". Just an Idea.
Konica Minolta A200
http://photos.yahoo.com/texguy22_00
  #12    Top
Old June 23rd, 2005, 12:28 PM
The Southern Yankee
Recent Photo: Sweet Magnolia
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Not weird at all. Might just have to try that. My initial thought was, "Ooh. There's a reflection in the helmet." That was when I took the self-portrait posted in "Post Your Picture." And, it took off from there. The only thing I had to work with at the crack of dawn this morning were the helmet, the wet grass, and a radio-controlled motorcycle. Who knows where this will go??!!
Nikon 50mm f/1.8
Nikon 12-24 f.4.0 G ED DX
Nikon 80-400 f/4.5-5.6 ED VR

www.judybruner.com
  #13    Top
Old June 23rd, 2005, 03:43 PM
Babraham Lincoln
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
very interesting concept on this yaya, nice eye
  #14    Top
Old June 23rd, 2005, 04:20 PM
The Southern Yankee
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thanks, Cally. Next one will be better!
Nikon 50mm f/1.8

www.judybruner.com
Sponsors
  #15    Top
Old June 23rd, 2005, 06:07 PM
Senior VIP Member
Recent Photo: Weeds
man just jerk...you beat me to it!!!

yaya, i agree with laying down for a more level pic but i would also like to see this one head on instead of at an angle. next shot i would just try shooting it at all angles and you might get what you envisioned..laying,standing,kneeling,from top,looking up, from each side, head on, etc.
  #16    Top
Old June 23rd, 2005, 06:11 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Orchid beauty
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
I was thinking of bringing the helmet up. like its on the seat of another bike...
T

One mans trash is a photographers treasure!
  #17    Top
Old June 24th, 2005, 07:44 PM
The Southern Yankee
Okay... here's round 2 of my still not quite where I want it shot. I thought I had improved upon the first shot marginally, and then noticed not only the reflection in the faceshield of the motorcyle but also the reflection of the trees and ME TAKING THE SHOT in the white of the helmet. Not what I was looking for. I will have to continue my pursuit of perfection on this one. These aren't easy -- I have to constantly watch out for reflections of me in the faceshield. Gotta love it! Oh yeah, the grass was dry this time, but the nasty little biting bugs were everywhere! And, I tried lying down in the grass, but then I was in the faceshield reflection. Next time, I try with my longer lens and get myself further back. Definitely a learning experience!

Nikon 50mm f/1.8

www.judybruner.com
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places