Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old July 26th, 2017, 02:59 AM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
The Monthly Challenge for Aug 2017: Our Best Friend

Our Best Friend.

Friends come in all shapes and sizes and are not limited to human subjects. While the challenge is supposed to provide inspiration to take new images, as there is no contest or voting, any image that fits the theme is suitable for posting.

As challenges are for learning its open to all skill levels and you can put in as many images as you wish, but please limit to no more than 2 images per reply to allow for others to critique your work. Adding in shot information is always helpful for new and inexperienced members so it would help to include ISO, Shutter Speed and Aperture and whether or not flash/external lighting was used.

I hope to see several entries

This challenge will run until 8/25 when a new challenge will be posted
  #2    Top
Old July 26th, 2017, 03:04 AM
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Re: The Monthly Challenge for Aug 2017: Our Best Friend

One of my best friends is my dog Apollo. We have had him since he was 12 weeks old and now he is nearing 12. He a retired flyball dog (a relay race for dog teams) but still is a very active pup enjoying long walks at the beach and in the mountains.

ISO 3200 f/4 85mm 1/800s

A real cuddle monkey who snores like a banshee
  #3    Top
Old July 26th, 2017, 06:11 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: My best friend Becky
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

I love it Clark!
As soon as I saw it I just smiled! I really like the shallow depth of field and the blue, it makes a great contrast for his fur.
  #4    Top
Old July 27th, 2017, 04:11 AM
Premiere Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

This project couldn't come on a better time. My best friend Becky is getting married in a few weeks time and as a present i have put together a collection of photos of our time together. At the time we were both living in Quebec, after she moved back to the UK and I moved to Japan.
Here one of my favorite of her. Processed in Aperture.

ISO200, 105mm, f6.7, 1/180
  #5    Top
Old July 27th, 2017, 09:09 AM

That's quite the parka...the shadows go really deep inside it. I like it.
  #6    Top
Old July 28th, 2017, 02:18 AM
Premiere Member

Thanks Clark, I'm happy you like it!
Yes we needed it... it was about -35C during the day and it went down to -40C during the evening. We stayed to watch the parade but we were freezing.. lol
  #7    Top
Old August 3rd, 2017, 11:31 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara river pan
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Willy. My best furry friend doing one of his favorite things, napping after a long walk.

ISO200, 1/60sec, f4, flash bounced off of ceiling
and sixteen doozies in a humdinger.
Nobody knows how many humdingers are in a lollapalooza.
George Carlin
Sponsors
  #8    Top
Old August 3rd, 2017, 11:43 AM

I like the bounced flash here as it looks very natural like sun coming in through the window. Willy looks like a fine friend to be strolling around with too.
  #9    Top
Old August 3rd, 2017, 11:50 AM

Having 2 dogs means having 2 best friends, though I rarely have them on an outing together. This is Khan, who has been through quite a lot of drama over the past year.

He has some serious health issues causing arthritic like attacks on his joints. We took him in for treatment and that led to blood clots, one of which settled in his male organ which became necrotic and died and had to be surgically remove. He now pees through a hole.

He is quite literally a transgendered dog. He has recovered well from all the events, but is on immune suppressants so he can no longer compete in dog sports or even go to dog parks. He is still very bouncy loves to get out, and loves to eat...he really love to eat.
  #10    Top
Old August 17th, 2017, 02:36 AM

Well we have just 1 more week before the next topic is posted. Let see our best friends.

My hiking soul mate grabbing a snap of a small creek on the 10 lakes trail