Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Landscapes

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old September 5th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Angry Sky!

The sky just before it opened up on us! Just some tweaks to the contrast and such but nothing crazy. I dunno if it should be in the landscapes or not but if not someone can move it.

T1i, no flash

Focal length 17mm
F-stop 5
Exposure time 1/125 sec.
ISO 100
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8738 (Large).JPG
Views:	60
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	85791  
  #2    Top
Old September 5th, 2011, 03:01 PM
The One and Only
Recent Photo: Wood Frog
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: Angry Sky!

I love sky shots, but in this case I wish you'd included a part of the landscape to give it another point of interest.

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” - Dr. Denis Waitley
Sponsors
  #3    Top
Old September 5th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Junior VIP Member
Recent Photo: The Performer
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

I agree with Gems. I think you need something for the sky to play off of.

Scott
  #4    Top
Old September 5th, 2011, 04:28 PM

Agreed with both but my vanage point was terrible, it was at a family function and there were trees or cars eveywhere that I couldn't make look interesting.. so just the sky was the next best thing.
  #5    Top
Old September 6th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Preferred Member
Recent Photo: IMG_0321_copy_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Sometimes you run into situations like that so you do what you can.
That is one menacing looking sky. Good capture.
  #6    Top
Old September 11th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Elite Member
Recent Photo: hauz khas, new delhi

it makes for an interesting abstract
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Landscapes