Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Software Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old January 17th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Junior VIP Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Photoshop Certification

Has anyone ever taken (and/or passed) the Adobe photoshop certification?

What is anyone's thoughts on it? Does it really get you anything extra?

Just wondering.......I'd really like to hear people's thoughts or comments on the certification.
  #2    Top
Old January 17th, 2008, 04:08 PM
By His Grace
Recent Photo: Sunrise on the Beach
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSpecial Contribution Award: This award is given for extremely dedicated work towards the growth and success of PhotographyCorner. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
If you're in a field that uses Photoshop or other graphic design program, an ACE certification would of course be a huge benefit for your resume.
  #3    Top
Old January 18th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Junior VIP Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
At the moment, I am not (well, not really). I'm one of those IT type people....just looking into some possibilities of (possibly) changing into something that has more to do with photography than what I do now.

#4    Top
Old January 19th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Recent Photo: Whispers
After using Photoshop for more than 15 years, I finally got around to earning ACE certification two years ago. It's been a great help to my teaching, training and consulting business as clients view it as meaningful.

I don't see it has real value outside of promoting consulting work. But I've been self-employed for 10 years, so I don't know if employers would also find it meaningful.
  #5    Top
Old January 23rd, 2008, 11:52 AM
Junior VIP Member
Is the certification relatively easy and straigh forward, or is it memorizing bunch of odd facts that you will never use again?
  #6    Top
Old January 23rd, 2008, 12:21 PM
Recent Photo: Whispers
If I recall correctly, the test had around 80 questions and took me just under an hour to complete. Cost: $125

Prior to taking the test I reviewed the Photoshop On Demand book; its content Is designed around the test material.

As is the case with most tests, I found myself wondering why certain questions were included while other seemingly more Important topics were left out. And of course, some of the questions were strangely worded, making It hard to know exactly what they were asking,

I think the test Is designed to see how well you know the software Itself, not necessarily how you would apply the software toward specific techniques.

So overall I'd give the quality of the test a C+

On Adobe's site there are sample test questions and a sample list of topics:

http://www.adobe.com/ap/support/certification/ace.html
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Software Corner