Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Member Introductions

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old October 19th, 2005, 08:16 PM
HELP!: a complete and utter newbie to this thing called "photography"

Hello everyone. I'm 21 years old and currently attending a public university in Philadelphia, PA. I'm studying Literature and hope to work for a publishing house after graduate school.

Recently, I've been wanting to tap into my creative side - if it exists, that is - and I thought photography would be a good start. It has interested me for quite some time, but I never thought of pursuing it until now. I enjoy black and whites, especially architecture and human subjects.

Well, here I am - a total newbie. I don't know the first thing about photography (besides the terribly obvious), but it is something I want to possess a thorough understanding of. My goal is not to become some kind of photographic virtuoso, though; I would be totally content with being able to take very beautiful, very refreshing pictures of my surroundings. It wouldn't hurt if other people happen to appreciated them, though. =)

Where/How do I begin? Is anyone willing to share their initial experiences with photography? There is just so much information floating about, that I don't know where to start.

Thanks for all your help and support. I know I am going to feel very welcomed here.

Bjorkd
  #2    Top
Old October 19th, 2005, 11:39 PM
Keeper of the Camera
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Start reading the PC tutorials. They are full of great information. Also, check out the book "Learning to See Creatively" by Bryan Peterson. It comes highly recommended by many here. I got lots of useful info from it. You can pick up lots of great ideas here at the Photography Corner. Read, Look, Learn and Share! WELCOME to the Corner!
  #3    Top
Old October 20th, 2005, 08:47 AM
G/day from Oz, welcome to the corner.
  #4    Top
Old October 21st, 2005, 10:40 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Welcome to here! Great advice above from sunnydays.
  #5    Top
Old October 22nd, 2005, 04:53 PM
start taking lots of pics! you will learn alot by mistakes and successes.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Member Introductions