Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old March 7th, 2017, 08:12 AM
The One and Only
Recent Photo: Wood Frog
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
colourful night

Last Wednesday was the first time in ages that I got to see and take photos of Northern Lights again. I was just going to admire them from our deck (still recovering from surgery), but I just had to try and get a few photos. Hubby was kind enough to help me get ready quickly.

I only ventured in to our field, and I was lucky that it wasn't windy at that point, so standing still and letting the camera do its thing in -20C didn't seem all that bad, and it was totally worth it.

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” - Dr. Denis Waitley
  #2    Top
Old March 18th, 2017, 11:00 AM
The One and Only
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: colourful night

I'd love to hear whether you like this.

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” - Dr. Denis Waitley
  #3    Top
Old March 18th, 2017, 08:11 PM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Hi Sabine, yes I like this one very much. Your skies are so dramatic and it is hard to imagine what it would be to see this on a regular basis. Do you ever get "used" to it? When it is winter time, I usually lost interest in going out searching for shots, so thank you for putting in the effort to share with us your images of sights I have never seen in person.

There is not much activity lately, lots of "visitors" but not many active members anymore.
  #4    Top
Old March 18th, 2017, 09:14 PM
Recent Photo: Horses In Winter
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Sabine, I haven't been on for awhile but I still get jealous every time I see your Northern Lights photos. What's not to like? You photograph one of the great natural wonders of the world beautifully.

Some people are only as happy as they make up their minds to be.
  #5    Top
Old March 20th, 2017, 05:54 PM
The One and Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrvSal View Post
Hi Sabine, yes I like this one very much. Your skies are so dramatic and it is hard to imagine what it would be to see this on a regular basis. Do you ever get "used" to it? When it is winter time, I usually lost interest in going out searching for shots, so thank you for putting in the effort to share with us your images of sights I have never seen in person.

There is not much activity lately, lots of "visitors" but not many active members anymore.
Thanks, Orv. No, I never get used to the Lights. Last year was a particularly active year; this year not so much... yet! I love that there is the potential to see them all year round.

And yes, this place has really slowed down. A real shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barklake View Post
Sabine, I haven't been on for awhile but I still get jealous every time I see your Northern Lights photos. What's not to like? You photograph one of the great natural wonders of the world beautifully.
Thanks for commenting, Garry. It's funny really... if you had told me a few years ago that I would love spending time in sub-zero temperatures, I would have told you you were crazy. Good job I never put a bet on a statement like that.

#6    Top
Old March 26th, 2017, 11:18 AM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Glad to see your recovery isn't keeping your creative spirit at bay. Beautiful image...
  #7    Top
Old April 6th, 2017, 09:21 AM
The One and Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrywb View Post
Glad to see your recovery isn't keeping your creative spirit at bay. Beautiful image...
Sorry for the late reply, Jerry. Thank you for commenting. I missed a huge 'storm' the other night, and am really bummed about that, but I had to work the next day (yes, back working, yay... lol), and forgot to check the data.

#8    Top
Old April 11th, 2017, 11:29 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Parakeets
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Great.
  #9    Top
Old April 17th, 2017, 10:28 PM
The One and Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen View Post
Great.
Thank you.

#10    Top
Old April 19th, 2017, 03:50 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

I always love your work, specially these shots. I still remember the one of the old house and the northern lights.
This is another beautiful shot Sabine. I love the open space at the top, compared to the ground. Kinds shows just how far the lights spread.
Visit me here..Room57
Sponsors
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places