Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography Equipment

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old January 18th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Best Online Store for Camera's?

Hi there,

What would be the best online store to buy camera's and accessories? Any help is greatly appreciated.. Thanks in Advance..
  #2    Top
Old January 18th, 2015, 06:42 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Re: Best Online Store for Camera's?

I've always had great service with B&H and heard good things about Adorama
  #3    Top
Old February 3rd, 2015, 10:56 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara Falls sunset
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

But the first question is - where? USA? Each country and region has their own online stores, so you don't have to pay ridiculous shipping and/or import taxes on your orders.

My Smugmug
  #4    Top
Old February 3rd, 2015, 01:54 PM

I live in the USA....Sorry I didn't mention that I was in the USA..
  #5    Top
Old February 4th, 2015, 08:15 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara Falls sunset
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Then I have to agree, B&H, Adorama and KEH for used equipment - these are the big players. There are also some more locally based online retailers that are good. For example, I've ordered a lens from Samys through their ebay store in 2012, and had no problems at all.

My Smugmug
Sponsors
  #6    Top
Old February 4th, 2015, 08:47 AM
Elite VIP Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPremiere Project of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins the Premiere Project of the Year contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

I too have done business with BH and Adoram,, Beach Photo is another good one, I would recommended shopping around but beware of some of those that seem to good to he true, often times if it seems to good to be true there's a reason, many sites will sell "factory refurbished" which as long as it carries a warranty isn't a bad thing but just be careful and read everything as well as read reviews, do some homework
  #7    Top
Old February 4th, 2015, 12:32 PM
Elite Member

I've done business with B&H Photo ( http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ ), Adorama ( http://www.adorama.com/ ), and KEH Camera ( https://www.keh.com/ ).

I've nothing but good things to say about all three. Professional, good customer service, and quick shipping. I've never had a problem with anything I've bought from these three either.

Flickr Photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/90957342@N08/
  #8    Top
Old May 22nd, 2015, 04:51 AM

Buy.com is a good online store for getting good cameras. Here you can find great deals on most Canon cameras, lenses and accessories. Plus, many items have free shipping.
  #9    Top
Old December 28th, 2015, 03:04 PM

I've purchased all my gear and camera through B&H. I've had nothing but exceptional service from them.
  #10    Top
Old December 28th, 2015, 07:41 PM
Account Disabled
Recent Photo: Buick '55
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

I'll also recommend B&H or Adorama.

Re the recommendation for Buy.com I was a bit suspicious. With all due respect, a 1st time poster recommending a commercial site is suspect. Checking Resellerratings.com for Buy.com gets them barely a 1 on a 1-10 scale with 3,397 reviews.....NOT recommended.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography Equipment