Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old April 14th, 2017, 01:16 AM
Elite VIP Member
Recent Photo: 06/14/09 Chase_6
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
Sunset on the Pedernales...

I just returned this past weekend from a photo trip to the Texas hill country. This is my first final edit to come out of the lot. This was my personal favorite photo (not exactly my favorite location) because of the emotional reaction I experienced when making this photograph. This is the Pedernales River and Pedernales Falls in the background. I arrived about 1.5hrs before sunset and searched out my composition. I found this great area east of the waterfalls near a wash through limestone rocks. The river was flowing very fast in this area and a small rapids formed making it an excellent candidate for a long exposure. I had everything in place and just needed to wait on the sunset. Sadly, this was all the color the sunset would provide for us, but I was more than pleased with that! The final image I think was well worth it.

You can see a better version here:
www.bdjphoto.com/blog

Enjoy!

Camera: Nikon D800
Lens: Nikon 18-35mm D ED lens with Lee Filters "Big stopper" ND filter
Exposure 25sec, f/8 ISO: 125
Exposure Mode: manual
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	web_1.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	833.2 KB
ID:	94061  

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then what are the one's that render us speechless...

My Gear

http://www.bdjphoto.com
My Photo Blog
My Storm Chasing Blog
  #2    Top
Old April 14th, 2017, 02:20 AM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Sunset on the Pedernales...

Very nice Ben, great mood and just the right motion. Well done.
  #3    Top
Old April 17th, 2017, 11:58 PM
Elite VIP Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrvSal View Post
Very nice Ben, great mood and just the right motion. Well done.
Thank you, Orv! It was a beautiful sight for sure. We waited for the sun to break through and once it did I started shooting light crazy trying to get that sunburst. I appreciate your feedback.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then what are the one's that render us speechless...

My Gear

My Photo Blog
My Storm Chasing Blog
  #4    Top
Old April 19th, 2017, 03:41 PM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Damn(Dang) that is a sweet shot. Nailed the lighting and the water.
Visit me here..Room57
  #5    Top
Old April 22nd, 2017, 12:10 AM
Elite VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
Damn(Dang) that is a sweet shot. Nailed the lighting and the water.
Thanks Carl. The lighting was incredible and I was so happy when I saw those clouds clear!

My Gear

My Photo Blog
My Storm Chasing Blog
  #6    Top
Old April 22nd, 2017, 01:18 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara river pan
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbug2007 View Post
Thanks Carl. The lighting was incredible and I was so happy when I saw those clouds clear!
Great when that happens. makes you feel like it was worth the effort and wait.
Well done.
and sixteen doozies in a humdinger.
Nobody knows how many humdingers are in a lollapalooza.
George Carlin
  #7    Top
Old April 26th, 2017, 08:57 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Easley Cabin 2017
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Another Thumbs Up... Great light, composition and use of shutter speed.
  #8    Top
Old April 28th, 2017, 12:57 AM
Elite VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchile View Post
Great when that happens. makes you feel like it was worth the effort and wait.
Well done.
Indeed it was, and thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrywb View Post
Another Thumbs Up... Great light, composition and use of shutter speed.
Thank you Jerry!

My Gear

My Photo Blog
My Storm Chasing Blog
  #9    Top
Old April 29th, 2017, 03:26 AM
Senior VIP Member
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Beautiful image!
Sponsors
  #10    Top
Old May 4th, 2017, 10:12 PM
Elite VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyC View Post
Beautiful image!
Thank you! I'm glad to hear you like it.

My Gear

My Photo Blog
My Storm Chasing Blog
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places