Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > People

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old September 1st, 2006, 08:27 AM
Account Disabled
27% More Colourful

I ventured through two home improvement centers, yesterday, and took some pictures. I had not noticed, until I looked at the photos, that Home Depot is 27% more colourful than Lowes. Can anyone tell why this is?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lowes 1.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	31425  Click image for larger version

Name:	Home Depot.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	260.5 KB
ID:	31426  
  #2    Top
Old September 1st, 2006, 08:56 AM
Easily Confused
Recent Photo: Stone Wall
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
must be because of the orange shelving

Kenneth Tynan
Sponsors
  #3    Top
Old September 1st, 2006, 10:31 AM
Account Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyeska41
must be because of the orange shelving
I think the same thing. The "27% more colourful" was only a guess, though, because 68% of statisticians also guess about their percentages.
  #4    Top
Old September 1st, 2006, 10:45 AM
VIP Member
Recent Photo: Ouch!
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I think home depot is more recognized between the 2. I would suspect they are probably more adept and have more resources to concintraite on aesthetics and design.
Manfrotto 190CXPro4
  #5    Top
Old September 1st, 2006, 11:16 AM
Account Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBSmiles
I think home depot is more recognized between the 2. I would suspect they are probably more adept and have more resources to concintraite on aesthetics and design.
I make purchases in Lowes almost every day. Home Depot is a last resort to get what we need, but I prefer HD because the quality of their materials leaves Lowes out in the cold. For instance, last month I bought four bags of ready-mixed mortar to plaster a foundation. It was hard and lumpy. Yesterday, I went back to Lowes to get some more and they were down to four bags, all of which were torn and hard. It seems they won't stock any more until their crap is sold. So down to Home Depot I went, and what a difference! The only reason we shop at Lowes is because my boss has an account with them. I think I'll talk him into getting an account with HD. Anyway, that's why I was in both places, yesterday, and decided to get some pics with a little point and shoot. I was going to do the men's room, too, but it might have raised some eyebrows.
  #6    Top
Old September 1st, 2006, 11:19 AM
Silent Screamer
Recent Photo: Mr. Confused
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Now, prof, were you having a REALLY quiet day?? Well, since I'm number phobic, I wouldn't have even known how to do the percentage thing, I think you have very finely tuned observational powers and I'm suitably impressed.... I'm even more impressed with your sense of humour. You're always good for a giggle or two.

EVERYTHING LOOKS PERFECT FROM FAR AWAY
  #7    Top
Old September 1st, 2006, 02:10 PM
Account Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by terri
Now, prof, were you having a REALLY quiet day?? Well, since I'm number phobic, I wouldn't have even known how to do the percentage thing, I think you have very finely tuned observational powers and I'm suitably impressed.... I'm even more impressed with your sense of humour. You're always good for a giggle or two.
Like Pink Floyd said on their "Wall" album: "I've got amazing powers of observation."

As for the numbers thing, anyone can do it. You just think of a number, add the percent thingy, and spout it out as though you know what you're talking about. People are impressed when you tell them facts such as "Fourteen percent of the rutabaga crop, in Honduras, goes for animal fodder." And if you integrate big names like "The Center for Disease Control in Atlanta" into your speech, it throws more weight behind your pontificating.
  #8    Top
Old September 1st, 2006, 03:30 PM
VIP Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Utilizing promiscuous superfluous terminology conjointly is another exemplary technique to illude the unsophisticated and gratuitously classification of commonality.
Manfrotto 190CXPro4
  #9    Top
Old September 1st, 2006, 07:11 PM
Account Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBSmiles
Utilizing promiscuous superfluous terminology conjointly is another exemplary technique to illude the unsophisticated and gratuitously classification of commonality.
Professor Chuckabutty suffers the human equivalent of the Windows "Fatal Error" screen. No amount of "three-finger saluting" (Ctrl-Alt-Del) will help him, now. Unplug is the only solution.
  #10    Top
Old September 1st, 2006, 07:44 PM
VIP Member
LOL!!!
I can simplify it for you...... Big words will fool the "stupid" to agree or remain silent.
Manfrotto 190CXPro4
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > People