Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old March 6th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
One of Many

Hey guys,
Feel free to say whatever you want on these shots. I tried two different focus areas and one in b&w and one in color. Let me know what you like best.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	One-of-Many.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	45130  Click image for larger version

Name:	One-of-Many-2.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	45132  
  #2    Top
Old March 7th, 2007, 02:59 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Destiny
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Mixed feelings here, Taylor.

I do like the colors on the first one - but like the tones on the 2nd one as well. I think my only problem on the 2nd one is that the focus looks like it's a bit off (unlike the first one). And I do prefer the composition on the 2nd one.

And i'm betting you now wish I haven't commented on this! lol. Just kidding. I like your shots and look forward to seeing more.

follow me on Facebook & twitter
  #3    Top
Old March 7th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: DSC_0098
Photograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I like that you are playing with different focus areas and conversions. I agree with Faisal that the 2nd image seems a bit OOF, and I too prefer the tighter composition and tone given the subject matter.

Keep shooting and playing around

A dream becomes a goal when action is taken toward its achievement. Bo Bennett
---------------------

Yep, this is my Smug!
  #4    Top
Old March 7th, 2007, 12:12 PM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I like the color shot, well done!

Teal (alias you know who)
  #5    Top
Old March 7th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Yeah Faisal I know the second was a little blurry, I tried sharpening it cause I like that comp better too . Its too bad I couldnt make it better. Thanks for the comments Faisal and Teal (aka mom )
  #6    Top
Old March 7th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Premiere Member
oops sorry I didnt see your post there for a second, thank you too carroll
  #7    Top
Old March 7th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Premiere Member
Hey I thought Id try this again. I took the one that was in focus and cropped it a bit to try to match the 2nd one a little more. I also put the newer version into color and black and white. Feedback most appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	One-of-Many-2.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	45191  Click image for larger version

Name:	One-of-Many-3.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	45192  
  #8    Top
Old March 8th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Junior VIP Member
nice photos in color and black and white... i like them all especially after editing... cool pictures...
  #9    Top
Old March 8th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Premiere Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by *ClicK* View Post
Yeah Faisal I know the second was a little blurry, I tried sharpening it cause I like that comp better too . Its too bad I couldnt make it better. Thanks for the comments Faisal and Teal (aka mom )
I, too, like #2 better (other than the soft focus). Have you tried doing a high pass sharpening? If not, dupe the image to a new layer, run a high pass filter on it (you'll have to play with the settings to see how much of high pass you want to run against it) and then set the merge mode for that layer to Hard Light. It may help... or it may make it look oversharpened. It's just something to play around with.
http://www.dailywav.com/
  #10    Top
Old March 8th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Premiere Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by javabear View Post
I, too, like #2 better (other than the soft focus). Have you tried doing a high pass sharpening? If not, dupe the image to a new layer, run a high pass filter on it (you'll have to play with the settings to see how much of high pass you want to run against it) and then set the merge mode for that layer to Hard Light. It may help... or it may make it look oversharpened. It's just something to play around with.
I'll try that, thanks java
Thans in_d and Java for your comments