Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old July 13th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Junior VIP Member
Classic Female Pose

Another pose using the 1-2-3 posing technique. This pose is called the 'one legged' pose because even if she were in leotards only the front leg would show. All of her weight has been shifted to the rear hip/foot (which cants the hips) and the front foot is pointed toward the photographer with her front knee bent in toward the column. Body is turned at a 45 degree angle, face turned the opposite way of her body and back past the camera then her eyes are brought back to camera position.

This is another of my homemade backgrounds. I call it Savannah.

Benji
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ClassicSavanna.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	25826  
  #2    Top
Old July 13th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Elite Member
gorgeous shot and a really awesome background!! love that you made it yourself - thats great!

My Observations (BLOG ME!)
  #3    Top
Old July 13th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Recent Photo: The Golden Hour
You have posted quite a few portrait shots...I think all are very nice.

Have you created a tutorial on poses, lighting, creation of backgrounds and such? Maybe different tutorials would work, but I think it would be beneficial to the community as a whole. I like the comments you make when you post the shots so maybe just a compilation of all those posts to make the tutorial.

Thoughts?
Sigma 50-150mm f/2.8
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8
18-55mm stock (came with the D50)
Nikkor 70-300mm
http://www.kaymeephotography.com
Sacramento Photography Examiner
  #4    Top
Old July 13th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Junior VIP Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkRanger
You have posted quite a few portrait shots...I think all are very nice.

Have you created a tutorial on poses, lighting, creation of backgrounds and such? Maybe different tutorials would work, but I think it would be beneficial to the community as a whole. I like the comments you make when you post the shots so maybe just a compilation of all those posts to make the tutorial.

Thoughts?
Several members of another website I frequent has asked me to make a CD of all of "my" poses and put a tutorial with them. I may do that if I can sell enough of them to make it worth my time. What I'm afraid of is that lots of people will SAY they want one but when it gets to putting up the $$$ they will back out. I'm going to check what it will cost to make one, but it will have to be done this winter when I'm not so busy. I'm not sure as to how to market it either.

Benji
  #5    Top
Old July 13th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Recent Photo: The Golden Hour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji
Several members of another website I frequent has asked me to make a CD of all of "my" poses and put a tutorial with them. I may do that if I can sell enough of them to make it worth my time. What I'm afraid of is that lots of people will SAY they want one but when it gets to putting up the $$$ they will back out. I'm going to check what it will cost to make one, but it will have to be done this winter when I'm not so busy. I'm not sure as to how to market it either.

Benji
It's certainly possible to make money on something like this, but for me, and the information out there on the 'Net, I don't know if I'd buy a CD. Perhaps, however, posting simple summary information with an option to buy a more expanded version on CD would be a good way to go.
Sigma 50-150mm f/2.8
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8
18-55mm stock (came with the D50)
Nikkor 70-300mm
http://www.kaymeephotography.com
Sacramento Photography Examiner
  #6    Top
Old July 15th, 2006, 02:17 AM
Elite Member
nice work. I really like the back ground!
  #7    Top
Old July 19th, 2006, 08:51 AM
Canadian Edition
Recent Photo: Iceberg #4
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Benji you must have a warehouse to store all these backgrounds in . Another great background and beautifull portraite. How many lights did you use in this shot? One main light and a background light?
  #8    Top
Old July 19th, 2006, 09:16 AM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Great shot, and I love your skill with the backgrounds. Of course I have been making notes of your posing tips as well. =)
  #9    Top
Old July 19th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
very nice..I wish I had the space available to me to be able to do this kind of work....sigh...however

love the background and great pose benji

Sandy

"Every Photo A Keepsake"
  #10    Top
Old July 19th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Junior VIP Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Noel
How many lights did you use in this shot? One main light and a background light?
Dave,

You're pretty close, I used three. I always use a fill light behind the camera to make sure the shadows get some illumination, a main light (obviously) and a hair light/background light above and behind the subject. I used this same background yesterday for a portrait of a local beauty pageant winner but I added three more lights to this set.

Thanks for the kind remarks.

Benji