Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old July 17th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Elite Member
Recent Photo: "Eklektik Elektrik"
Some of My Favorite Models

Some of My Favorite Models

In my long career I have had an opportunity to work with some of the most compelling, charming and beautiful women in the world. But, what I find really interesting is that in most cases they were pleasant, interesting, intelligent and really quite worldly.

I have worked with some of the classic greats like Carole Alt, Elle MacPherson, Helena Christensen, Kim Alexis, Janice Dickinson, Andie MacDowell, and more recently with Irina Lazareanu…etc. What I have learned, is that the higher up the rung of the notoriety ladder the less attitude and more respectful they become. Of course there have been the rare occasion when it was just a really bad day or one of them partied too much and couldn’t function at all..I won’t mention who that was. Hint..she has a TV program and owns a Model Agency.

In terms of my favorite model, that is a very tough call. It would have less to do with her looks than what she did for my career as a result of the exposure I gained by working with her. So for that reason, I would have to say that my all time favorite model would have to go to KIM ALEXIS. It was because of her that I shot my very first national magazine covers and it was their first with her. Prior to my shooting her they could not get her. The magazine is Chatelaine, Canada’s top selling Fashion Rag.

http://www.benjaminkanarekblog.com/?p=770
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	magazines.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	74574  
  #2    Top
Old July 19th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: fairprint2
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: Some of My Favorite Models

Wow!! That's an impressive display, Ben. Great work. Thanks for the rare insight into the world of high fashion.
  #3    Top
Old July 21st, 2009, 06:19 AM
Premiere Member

Thanks Ben for the insight. I had always assumed that the higher they climbed upon the high fashion rungs, the more difficult they would become behind the camera. Good to know that's not necessarily the case.
  #4    Top
Old July 21st, 2009, 10:20 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Your work is an inspiration Ben, thanks for sharing!
Sponsors
  #5    Top
Old July 21st, 2009, 11:52 AM
Recent Photo: Sit in
Contest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott111184 View Post
Your work is an inspiration Ben, thanks for sharing!
My words exactly. Well done Ben.
Visit me here..Room57
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner