Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Landscapes

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#11    Top
Old August 8th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara river pan
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Emerald Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by agiledogs View Post
Well I only had 28mm. To do it as a pano would actually require being a mosaic as the trees to the left and the right side extend out the top of the frame. I tried to balance the left half with the right half
And whats the problem with that? Take as many frames as you need. Go wide enough to get more than you want, then crop to the ratio size you need to print or share or whatever.
Why purposely limit yourself to what one lens can fit in a single frame when you can easily work around it?
and sixteen doozies in a humdinger.
Nobody knows how many humdingers are in a lollapalooza.
George Carlin
  #12    Top
Old August 8th, 2016, 08:08 AM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchile View Post
And whats the problem with that? Take as many frames as you need. Go wide enough to get more than you want, then crop to the ratio size you need to print or share or whatever.
Why purposely limit yourself to what one lens can fit in a single frame when you can easily work around it?
I find mosaics a Pain to put together requiring much more work than I want to give. Besides there was nothing of interest on the left side. If there was it would have been included.
  #13    Top
Old August 9th, 2016, 03:09 AM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Year Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reason

Beutiful scene here, captured well. I like the BW version a lot more

Native: Srinagar, Kashmir
  #14    Top
Old August 9th, 2016, 12:11 PM
Senior VIP Member
Recent Photo: Winter - Thames River
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Great shot (love both color and B&W).
There are some branches in the top right corner that kind of bother me...

I like the trees on the sides (both left & right) as they are - a nice frame.

My Flickr

Save A Dolphin
  #15    Top
Old September 1st, 2016, 10:28 AM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
I find mosaics a Pain to put together requiring much more work than I want to give. Besides there was nothing of interest on the left side. If there was it would have been included.
I won't dispute you on this photo since you were there and I wasn't.
But what is the deal with mosaics? Why should they be any tougher to deal with?
George Carlin
  #16    Top
Old September 1st, 2016, 10:43 AM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Overall file size...I hate waiting for large files to load, and processing them is a very slow process.

If it makes you feel better going through my wife shots of the same area she also did not shoot any further on the left side. If I recall the trail widened and ran along that side and tot he right of that was a steep embankment. (The embankment we descended to get down to the lake.)

The tree edge as opposed tot he trail made for a more balanced image allowing the capture of all the mountains in the frame within the field of view for a 28mm lens on a full frame body.
  #17    Top
Old September 1st, 2016, 02:32 PM
Premiere Member

Quote:
Overall file size...I hate waiting for large files to load, and processing them is a very slow process.

If it makes you feel better going through my wife shots of the same area she also did not shoot any further on the left side. If I recall the trail widened and ran along that side and tot he right of that was a steep embankment. (The embankment we descended to get down to the lake.)

The tree edge as opposed tot he trail made for a more balanced image allowing the capture of all the mountains in the frame within the field of view for a 28mm lens on a full frame body.
What I meant Clark, was, I won't criticize the framing. You were there and knew what you wanted. As far as panoramas go, I guess I'm spoiled. My computer rarely takes more than a minute to stitch them together, depending on the number of frames of course. And it doesn't matter if they are vertical or horizontal, with very few exceptions. I'll post one I had to do by hand, because the software refused to put them together.
George Carlin
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Landscapes