Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Animals

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old August 30th, 2016, 01:41 AM
Lunatic Lensman
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Another afternoon with the pied-billed grebes

Another trip to a local marsh today today to check on the baby pied-billed grebes... I've been watching these little ones for the past month as they've grown from tiny little clown-faced fuzzballs, and it's been very entertaining and enjoyable to watch their progress. Alas, I fear another of their number has fallen victim to foul play, or perhaps the foibles of cruel happenstance - I only saw two chicks the last couple of times I was there. There were four initially, and one was lost after about a week; it seems now a second chick has disappeared. *sigh* Life in the wild is tough on little grebes. But the two that remain appear to be thriving, and are nearly as big as mom, though she's still feeding them. They do love those weatherfish! I suspect another couple of weeks and they'll pretty much be on their own...

"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
~ Three Dog Night

http://www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  #2    Top
Old September 7th, 2016, 06:04 AM
Re: Another afternoon with the pied-billed grebes

What a great capture Rocky! And perfect timing as well.
  #3    Top
Old September 15th, 2016, 12:47 AM
Lunatic Lensman
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by shumi31 View Post
What a great capture Rocky! And perfect timing as well.
Thanks, Shumi!

"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
~ Three Dog Night

#4    Top
Old September 15th, 2016, 11:32 PM
Elite VIP Member
Recent Photo: 06/14/09 Chase_6
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason

Man that fish sure kept struggling, All are excellent captures with great focus, detail, exposure, and lighting. I can't think of any improvements nice series.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then what are the one's that render us speechless...

My Gear

http://www.bdjphoto.com
My Photo Blog
My Storm Chasing Blog
  #5    Top
Old September 17th, 2016, 01:28 AM
Lunatic Lensman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbug2007 View Post
Man that fish sure kept struggling, All are excellent captures with great focus, detail, exposure, and lighting. I can't think of any improvements nice series.
Thanks, Ben! I was very fortunate to be able to watch these baby grebes from the day after they hatched until almost adulthood. There are only two left of the original four, but they'll probably make it to maturity now, and it's been a lot of fun watching and photographing them as they've grown!

~ Three Dog Night

#6    Top
Old September 30th, 2016, 07:27 AM
Preferred Member
Recent Photo: IMG_0321_copy_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

I can't fantom how she is going to finish off that fish. Beautiful captures showing life in the wild.
  #7    Top
Old October 1st, 2016, 09:51 PM
Lunatic Lensman

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital2006 View Post
I can't fantom how she is going to finish off that fish. Beautiful captures showing life in the wild.
Thanks, Marty! I have no idea how that little grebe got that fish down, or where it put it when it did, but it sure was interesting to watch!

~ Three Dog Night

#8    Top
Old February 19th, 2017, 01:27 AM

Hi
That's a nice images, looks really professional. I can see you done this images in a perfect time as well. Good luck with this and hope you will share some more images with us. All the best
Sponsors
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Animals