Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old February 28th, 2017, 12:19 PM
Elite Member
Recent Photo: "Eklektik Elektrik"
ELLE Magazine “Master Class” Photo Shoot

Hi All,

Here is my newest ELLE Magazine shoot called “The Master Class” shot at the Paris College of Art using my vintage Nikon 55mm f/1.2 lens shot at f/1.2 and manual focus.

Here is the link to the whole story and the video:

https://t.co/AmafNKeuOW
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Margarita-Kapustina-in-Master-Class-by-Benjamin-Kanarek-for-ELLE-11.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	94050  
  #2    Top
Old March 1st, 2017, 02:13 PM
Re: ELLE Magazine “Master Class” Photo Shoot

Remember it is just my opinion, but my opinion is that this photo does not deserve to be printed. Okay why? Because the background is a mess. Putting the 'lined' mannequins behind and nest to the model completely destroy sthe nice curves, and arcs made by the model and her clothees. You almost get a headache trying not to see those damnable lines on the clothes dummies...especially the one viewed through the crook of her arm. This is almost a photographic crime scene!
Sponsors
  #3    Top
Old March 6th, 2017, 07:48 AM
Premiere Member
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: ELLE Magazine “Master Class” Photo Shoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didereaux View Post
Remember it is just my opinion, but my opinion is that this photo does not deserve to be printed. Okay why? Because the background is a mess. Putting the 'lined' mannequins behind and nest to the model completely destroy sthe nice curves, and arcs made by the model and her clothees. You almost get a headache trying not to see those damnable lines on the clothes dummies...especially the one viewed through the crook of her arm. This is almost a photographic crime scene!
Just a thought, "Art" being the subjective mistress she is what one person may see as background mess is background story that has to be written in the viewers mind. Again just a thought.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner