Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old April 21st, 2017, 11:38 PM
Elite VIP Member
Recent Photo: 06/14/09 Chase_6
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
Gorman Falls

Its hard to believe this place is in Texas. It looks something out of the jungle or rainforest, but at Colorado Bend State Park in Bend, TX there is a 65ft "living" waterfall known as Gorman Falls and it is quite spectacular to say the least. They call it a living waterfall because the spring fed waters of Gorman creek break down the limestone and deposits calcite on the bottom. Over time this calcite builds up and forms a rock known as travertine. Travertine formed 650ft wife and 60ft thick to make Gorman Fall. This was my favorite location from our trip and the best part was we had it all to ourselves for almost and hour. It was so calm and peaceful and I want to go back already.

Enjoy!

-Ben

Nikon D800
1sec, f/11, ISO: 125
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	web_3.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	896.3 KB
ID:	94063  

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then what are the one's that render us speechless...

My Gear

http://www.bdjphoto.com
My Photo Blog
My Storm Chasing Blog
Sponsors
  #2    Top
Old April 26th, 2017, 08:54 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Roses On Counter Top
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: Gorman Falls

Beautiful with a feel of serenity that is not often captured when being photographed... Probably a good thing that all of Texas doesn't look like that or the majority of California would be pulling up stakes and moving there.
  #3    Top
Old April 28th, 2017, 12:59 AM
Elite VIP Member
Recent Photo: 06/14/09 Chase_6
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: Gorman Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrywb View Post
Beautiful with a feel of serenity that is not often captured when being photographed... Probably a good thing that all of Texas doesn't look like that or the majority of California would be pulling up stakes and moving there.
Ha ha Texas sure is unique. Whenever we first arrived to the location I thought we were lost in a rain forest or something, it sure was different than what I am used to. Thank you for your compliment and feedback Jerry.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then what are the one's that render us speechless...

My Gear

http://www.bdjphoto.com
My Photo Blog
My Storm Chasing Blog
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places