Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old May 11th, 2017, 06:19 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: DSC_1886
Setauket Pond

For years I've pretty much posted images out of camera with just slight adjustments to sharpen, contrast, saturation, etc. This one I've done a bit more to, but I'm not sure if it's over the top or not. pith
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0189.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	94067  
Sponsors
  #2    Top
Old May 11th, 2017, 06:44 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Re: Setauket Pond

Pith your images have always been wonderful and this one is no exception. You gave all the colors just enough pop
  #3    Top
Old May 11th, 2017, 08:16 PM
Premiere Member

Thank you dogs.
  #4    Top
Old May 13th, 2017, 12:02 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara river pan
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

I agree with Clark, but we're going to have to help you post bigger images so we can see them better.
and sixteen doozies in a humdinger.
Nobody knows how many humdingers are in a lollapalooza.
George Carlin
  #5    Top
Old May 13th, 2017, 12:18 PM
Premiere Member

Yeah I've been making them 800x534 because I though the cameras mps might be to much pith
  #6    Top
Old May 13th, 2017, 03:09 PM
Premiere Member

trying 1024x689
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0189.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	94069  
  #7    Top
Old May 14th, 2017, 12:53 PM

Looks great! wonderful colors!!
Janet
  #8    Top
Old May 14th, 2017, 03:42 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara river pan
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by pith View Post
Yeah I've been making them 800x534 because I though the cameras mps might be to much pith
This one's better for my slowly aging eyes. But I'd still love to see the full size image from the 810. I know you can't post it here, but I bet you're getting some incredible stuff with that beast. I'm still on my old D300.
and sixteen doozies in a humdinger.
Nobody knows how many humdingers are in a lollapalooza.
George Carlin
  #9    Top
Old May 14th, 2017, 06:01 PM
Premiere Member

Thanks Dixie, and chile. I'll tell you the truth chile to this day the D300 had the best highlight dynamic range of any of the cameras I've owned. The thing that I like most about the 810 is the sharpness, and detail which is great. The noise is not great at high iso's, but then that's not what it's intended for pith

Last edited by pith; May 14th, 2017 at 06:11 PM.
  #10    Top
Old May 14th, 2017, 06:10 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Much of the limitation may come from how one displays there image. Attachment images are limited in size furthermore size limitations mean different things between PCs and Mac users. I am not sure what this site's limit is but lets assume 250kb is the limit. a 250kb file on a pc is larger than 250kb on a Mac....for only 1 reason....Mac users cannot seem to handle the powers of 2 so decided to join with Hard drive manufacturers and assume that 1000bytes are in a KB instead of the actual 1024kb as per binary standards,

That being said that will limit file size for attachments or even uploads to the local galleries on public forums. Linking over form a hosting site like photobucket,, flickr, zenfolio can provide a means around that limitation allowing larger displays of images embedded in ones post.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places