Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old September 17th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Sea Mist

Playing with long exposures last night at Mundesley:

I soooo want a ND set so that I don't have to wait until it's dusk to try this again!

See what you think.

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #2    Top
Old September 17th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Cranes before sunrise
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Amazing series! Really nice work on those long exposures. How long where those?
ND filters are not that expensive and really worth it. I use a cheap 4 stop ND filter by Kama and it does a great work.
  #3    Top
Old September 17th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Elite Member
Recent Photo: attachment
gorgeous series.
i love the green tint, it gives it a gritty feel that works perfectly with the series.
beth
  #4    Top
Old September 18th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Exif details:

Shot 1:
28-135 at 135mm
f/36
20 seconds

Shot 2:
28-135 at 70mm
f/22
30 seconds

Shot 3:
28-135 at 80mm
f/20
13 seconds

Shot 4:
28-135 at 100mm
f/36
20 seconds

Shot 5:
10-20 at 10mm
f/22
1/6 second

I have been looking into ND filters - but really want them for the 10-20 and 77mm filters don't come cheap. I'll keep cruising e-bay!

Thanks for the comments guys - very much appreciated.

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
Sponsors
  #5    Top
Old September 18th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Elite Member
Recent Photo: attachment
check out http://www.hvstar.net (they're also on ebay but the rumor is they're cheaper on their website) for cheap legit filters. they're a hong kong based company so you'll have to wait a while longer to get your filters (mine came in 10 days), but you'll only pay half of what bhphoto charges.
if they're out of your size filter then keep checking back with them, they're always updating their inventory. i purchased a 72mm moose warming circ. pol., two weeks later it wasn't even on their website. when i checked again maybe a month later they had it again...
beth

edit:
i just checked, they have some 77mm nd filters on their site atm.
a 77mm hoya 4x will cost $22.
b+w 77mm nd filters (.6-1.8 ) will cost between $35-$70.
  #6    Top
Old September 26th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Super Cool!!

I adore these pics...simply beautful!!

Very neat how you caught the mist and all the peaceful elements of the world...so perfectly..it looks like you didn't even try...amazing photos!!

Kudos!!
  #7    Top
Old September 26th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Winter Sunset
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Awesome series! You are my hero!!!

Canon 7D~Canon Digital Rebel XT ~ Canon 70-200mm 2.8 IS ~ Tamron 28-75mm ~ Canon 50mm prime~ Sigma 17-70 ~ Canon 18-55mm ~ Canon 75-300mm

http://www.visions-imagery.com/
  #8    Top
Old September 27th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Junior VIP Member
Love the last shot Andy. Very haunting.
  #9    Top
Old September 27th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Water Fountain
Great photo series. I really like the color and tone you set with 1-3 and 5th photos. First thought that came to my mind was castle and moat. I particularly like that era of Kings and Queens because of their type of clothing. Your images really express motion through your long exposure captures. Great job. Good luck on finding ND filters.
  #10    Top
Old September 29th, 2007, 06:31 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Double Bubble
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Amazing series!! The last 2 are my favorites but all are fantastic. The mood is wonderful and comp and.... Can I have your autograph??
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Things