Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Member Introductions

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old February 21st, 2009, 08:50 AM
Hello world

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to introduce myself and say I'm excited about the forum. I've already found a bunch of great information here.

I've been a semi-enthusiast point-and-shoot photographer for about 5 years (using a canon S50, then a canon sd1100), and finally stepped up to a DSLR this month, a Canon XSi with the kit 18-55mm IS lens. I'd had enough with the lack of control over pictures on the sd1100, especially in poor light. I loved the S50, but too many open-and-closes has left the on-off switch pretty finicky and slow to focus, although the it still takes great pics. Anyway, I thought it was time to bite the bullet and try my luck with an SLR. Now I have to figure out what to take pictures of...i'm thinking I'll lean towards landscapes, wildlife, and possibly local sports, along with the family events.

Looking forward to learning a lot and seeing everyone's pics!

John
  #2    Top
Old February 21st, 2009, 10:44 AM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: Hello world

Welcome to the corner John.. you'll like it here.

Gear List

'Every other artist begins with a blank canvas, a piece of paper the photographer begins with the finished product. ' ..... Edward Steichen
  #3    Top
Old February 21st, 2009, 11:33 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Silent Waters
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Welcome to the Corner!
  #4    Top
Old February 21st, 2009, 12:19 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Walter's Gate
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Welcome to the Corner.....this is a good place to learn and share....you will love the XSi...and try taking pictures of everything.......hehehe....but really join in the creative challenges of the Corner and you will have some interesting categories to shoot.....enjoy......

If You Have'nt Grown Up By Age 30....You Don't Have To!!....(unknown...but written On Stone...honest!)

Gear
Canon XSi
Canon EF-S 18-55 IS Lens
Sigma AF 70-300mm 4-APO DG II Macro
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II

"and my Trusty Little Snappy"
Kodak "Pink" M753 EASYSHARE
"and a Bean Bag, In Tribute to My DAD"

How do I become a Premiere Member? | How do I upload to the Corner Galleries?
How do I enter a Photograph of the Month Contest? | How do I enter a Contest Corner Challenge?
Photography Corner Map | Chatroom
Sponsors
  #5    Top
Old February 21st, 2009, 02:21 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: IMG_6734
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Welcome John, glad to have you here at the Corner.
  #6    Top
Old February 21st, 2009, 02:22 PM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Welcome to PhotographyCorner, John!
  #7    Top
Old February 21st, 2009, 03:54 PM
Recent Photo: hawaii_822

Welcome to the corner
  #9    Top
Old February 22nd, 2009, 05:48 AM
Preferred Member
Recent Photo: IMG_0321_copy_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Hi John welcome to the corner..glad you joined us.
  #10    Top
Old February 22nd, 2009, 07:38 AM
Lifelong Learner
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Welcome to the Corner. Hope to see you around the Feedback Forums.

How to create albums, upload photos, and link to them in a post ||| Feedback Corner Guidelines ||| Photography Critiquing Guidelines||| How do I become a Premiere Member?
Mario ||| Nikon with some 'plug-ins' ||| Comments always welcome! ||| Facebook: mario-cerroni-photography ||| My smugmug site: PhotoDiction /// My photoblog: photodiction.blogspot.com
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Member Introductions