Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Landscapes

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old March 5th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Texture rocks
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
On top of the world

I took this awhile back and have just decided to put it up here. All comments would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Top of the world PC.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	344.5 KB
ID:	71445  
  #2    Top
Old March 6th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Elite Member
Re: On top of the world

Really, really beautiful shot. The only thing that bothers me is the grass in the bottom left. Not sure if you darkened it intentionally, but it doesn't really stand out in that it draws my eye away, so good job if it was intentional, but rather it just kind of takes away from the mirrored symmetry which seems to be the focus of the shot.

What is your exif data, if available?
  #3    Top
Old March 12th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Recent Photo: Goodbye winter

it's a beautiful picture, but I almost wonder if I'd like it more cropped as a panoramic with the water removed. I think with the water in place, it's sort of "another great water reflection shot" which I've seen so much that it falls clearly under the "been done" thing. The cloud/fog is what makes the image for me and I'd like to see that be more the focus. That'd also remove the grass in the lower left which would help.
Sponsors
  #4    Top
Old March 12th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Texture rocks
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

not a bad idea. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Thanks for the feedback. As for the EXIF:
F/3.5 at 1/1000, 18mm. The darkened grass was intentional as there was too much green and I felt that it did draw the eye away. Thanks for the feedback
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Landscapes