Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Landscapes

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old September 6th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Senior VIP Member
Recent Photo: My Blood!
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Mist

This is the highest place in Kerala, called Ponmudi
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MistiFy.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	444.7 KB
ID:	75381  

#2    Top
Old September 12th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: pp Project 1
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Mist

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the post on this one . . I think it's too much with the fake flare . . .

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot A550
Image Date: 2009:08:22 15:46:14
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 5.8mm
CCD Width: 2.10mm
Exposure Time: 0.0050 s (1/200)
Aperture: f/2.6
ISO equiv: 80
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Center Weight

I grabbed the original exif, the original shot looks like it has some more to give - I would have conisdered a mono/tritone conversion on this image.

Andy

I take photographs with love, so I try to make them art objects. But I make them for myself first and foremost - that is important.
Jacques-Henri Lartigue
  #3    Top
Old March 16th, 2010, 03:40 AM
Senior VIP Member
Recent Photo: My Blood!
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

oops!
This was my first try with Lens Flare effect

#4    Top
Old March 17th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Marsh Hunter
Photograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

I think you have a very well composed image, but the lens flare is a bit much.
For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? (Matt. 16:26)
LowcountryPhotography.net
My Flickr Page
http://scott-hansen.artistwebsites.com/

Scott C. Hansen
  #5    Top
Old March 17th, 2010, 10:59 AM

I would also complain on the lens flare, important thing to note is , lens flare occurs when there is bright sunlight and your lens is pointing towards or in the range of sun rays that are hitting the lens at a certain angle, for your shot it is not the case(this is my opinion).
The over all image has a monotonous feel to it, either have it in color and pump it up or make it BW (i think the mist will server better for a BW)

cheers.