Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography Equipment > Lenses & Accessories (Film & Digital)

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old June 6th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 or Canon 16-35mm f/2.8?

I've already decided on a telephoto, and is considering a second walk-around lens. Size and weight, at least right now, doesn't matter with me. I guess I just need some suggestions on which one of those two to get. They're probably both decent, but since it's not a perfect world yet, I could only get one. Suggestions welcome
  #2    Top
Old June 6th, 2005, 05:52 PM
By His Grace
Recent Photo: Sunrise on the Beach
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSpecial Contribution Award: This award is given for extremely dedicated work towards the growth and success of PhotographyCorner. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Unless you need the faster lens, the Canon 17-40mm f/4.0L lens is a solid performer that is lightweight and 1/2 the cost of the 16-35. The 24-70 will give you a bit more reach, but it would depend on what you're planning on shooting. I have both and when I'm thinking landscapes I walk around with the 17-40, but for normal walk around lens I opt for the 24-70.
  #3    Top
Old June 6th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Premiere Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
The 17-40mm!!! The 17-40mm!!!! You will NEVER regret getting this lens. Normal, not normal, standing still or walking around I am ALWAYS reaching for this lens.

Repeat after me, "direct flash BAAAAAAD!"

"A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words." Ansel Adams
  #4    Top
Old June 6th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo
The 17-40mm!!! The 17-40mm!!!! You will NEVER regret getting this lens. Normal, not normal, standing still or walking around I am ALWAYS reaching for this lens.
0_o 17-40 it is then....