Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Miscellaneous

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old November 28th, 2005, 01:44 AM
Silent Screamer
Recent Photo: Mr. Confused
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Beauty and decline

This, to me, is what Margate is all about. Lots of beauty but also lots of manmade blots on the landscape, big fences to keep people..is it in or is it out?? The sky is blown on the left but I didn't want to crop out the fence. What do you think? Should I give it the chop??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5153life ring2.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	9121  

EVERYTHING LOOKS PERFECT FROM FAR AWAY
  #2    Top
Old November 28th, 2005, 01:56 AM
Trigger Happy Fella
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Nice b&w and I think the fence is fine there
  #3    Top
Old November 28th, 2005, 02:37 AM
The Godfather
Recent Photo: Some shots from 2010
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Love the picture, hate the fence

Barbed Wire makes it look very unwelcome. I hope you don't mind but made a crop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5153life ring2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	9125  

Leica M8, Nikon D200, Kodak DCS Pro14n, Olympus E20n, Leica R8, Leica M3, Bessa T101 w/50mm Heliar, Kodak 260,
Sponsors
  #4    Top
Old November 28th, 2005, 05:30 AM
Hippy Chick
Recent Photo: 102_3756
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I think it looks great Terri,This is what we have come to expect from you. I wouldn't change a thing about it. Rosie
  #5    Top
Old November 28th, 2005, 05:58 AM
Nice shot, just the sky is too bright above the Barbed Wire.
  #6    Top
Old November 28th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Silent Screamer
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and input. Thanks Patman as well for doing the edited version. I never mind when any of you have a go at whatever I put up in the forum. I was and still am undecided...I think I'm trying to show the reality of what I see and the barbed fencing is part of that scene here. I'm not happy with the blown bit of sky which cropping removed a lot of, but then I guess the content of it changes. I'll stew some more on this I reckon!

#7    Top
Old November 28th, 2005, 05:23 PM
Nice shot.. I like it better with the crop. The fence is just a distraction unless you want to shot it in another picuture with a different subject.
  #9    Top
Old November 29th, 2005, 01:38 AM
Silent Screamer
Thanks Zheng.

#10    Top
Old November 29th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Junior VIP Member
i think its very nice..
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Miscellaneous