Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography 101

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old January 7th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Taking pictures of people

When/if I take a picture of a person/people, how do I go about doing that? Would one just approach and say "can I take your photo?", or what is the proper protocol for that sort of situation?

Are there any legal liabilities involved?
  #2    Top
Old January 8th, 2006, 01:25 AM
I think its a little taboo to be taking pictures of people you dont know, i think you should go out with your family and freinds and capture some memories with them.
  #3    Top
Old January 8th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Senior VIP Member
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I've done that before, I was in the park and a father was with his three kids feeding the ducks and I just took a few shots; THere were lots of people around and I didn't really ask; but it's not like I published anything. I guess it depends on if the person is the subject or just in the scene.
  #4    Top
Old January 8th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Laugh, it's only life
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Usually you can snap a few without notice but you may run into problems if you use the image for anything other than personal use.

Check out this thread Tim posted. Good info to know.
http://www.photographycorner.com/for...ad.php?t=23701

Personally if Im out I give my card to the people and tell them what Im doing and offer a copy of prints if they are ok with it. I just explain Im a rookie trying out my hand. It may be easier for me as a woman. Moms arnt as threatened by me. Plus I usually have my kids too.

"Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,martini in hand, totally worn out, shouting..Holy Sh**!! What a Ride!!"
Sponsors
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography 101