Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > People

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old November 26th, 2005, 02:16 AM
Football!

This was actually one of my first sets of sports photography. I used to hate sports photography, but I am head photographer of the paper so I kind of need to take sports photos... anyway, all comments are very welcomed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of Pile Up-P.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	253.7 KB
ID:	9017  
  #2    Top
Old November 26th, 2005, 02:21 AM
Laugh, it's only life
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Great action capture. I think it would be better if there wasnt so much going on in the background. You could change your DOF to help blur it and also move in a little closer to the action if you have a long enough lens.

Looks sharp and clear. I say good job.

"Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,martini in hand, totally worn out, shouting..Holy Sh**!! What a Ride!!"
  #3    Top
Old November 26th, 2005, 03:43 AM
Silent Screamer
Recent Photo: Mr. Confused
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Good action shot, very sharp. Agree with Jen on maybe changing dof to blur the background, but excellent job!

EVERYTHING LOOKS PERFECT FROM FAR AWAY
  #4    Top
Old November 26th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Trigger Happy Fella
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Well caught action
  #5    Top
Old November 26th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Senior VIP Member
Recent Photo: IMGP0112
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Looks great -- maybe try cropping out some of the background, along with some arms and legs, to get a tighter look of the action?

Pentax K20D~Pentax 16-24, 55, 50-135, Sigma 70-300

"In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary."
~Aaron Rose
Sponsors
  #6    Top
Old November 28th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Thank you! This may sound like a stupid question but what's dof? Ha. Well there are a couple things I can do in photoshop to blur the background, but as for cropping the legs and feet, I'm not sure if that would look right... but I will try it. Thank you!
  #7    Top
Old November 28th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Selective focus would have helped this shot alot.Also, going in close with much tighter focus.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > People