Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > People

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old December 2nd, 2005, 01:54 PM
Silent Screamer
Recent Photo: Mr. Confused
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Look me in the Eye

I really like this shot of my son but it is a bit soft on focus, wondered if any of you PS experts knew of any way to make the eyes a little sharper??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1437Look me in the Eye2.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	9274  

EVERYTHING LOOKS PERFECT FROM FAR AWAY
Sponsors
  #2    Top
Old December 2nd, 2005, 02:09 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Flower Seed Head
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I don't know how to make the eyes sharper...but this is a great shot of your son. I really like that look in his eyes and it's a good angle too. And well-composed. I like that he's off to the side in the photo and his head is tilted a bit.

"If you really want to hurt your parents, go into the arts."
-Kurt Vonnegut

My blog
My Facebook page
Connect with me on Twitter @nicoleannstpaul
  #3    Top
Old December 2nd, 2005, 03:00 PM
A Totally Awesome Guy
Recent Photo: Purple
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Well terri, you know if you throw the challenge out there, I'm going to try it! Let me know what you think.

Great shot by the way!
Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1437Look%20me%20in%20the%20Eye2-enh.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	9276  
  #4    Top
Old December 2nd, 2005, 03:24 PM
Silent Screamer
Platinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Thanks for having a go at this Scott....I don't know, it seems like the lid is funny on the left eye in your edit. Can you see it? Kind of wrinkly looking (there's a real technical term for you!LOL!)I did try unsharp mask on this, but I can never see any real difference so I reckon I must be doing it wrong..it's been known to happen!Glad you like the image though and you as well, Cornflake girl. I love his expression in this but was disappointed with my focus, I think it was down to fairly bad lighting that day and I didn't take that into consideration at the time. I always try to take shots unexpectedly so they are natural, but then you forego time to fiddle about.

#5    Top
Old December 2nd, 2005, 03:45 PM
A Totally Awesome Guy
Recent Photo: Purple
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I do see it. Sorry, went too fast. I used the Un-Wrinkly button to try to fix it. (just kidding) I just use the sharpen tool. You can adjust the degree etc. I tried one more time, but play with it yourself until you get what you like.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1437Look%20me%20in%20the%20Eye2-enh2.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	9278  
  #6    Top
Old December 2nd, 2005, 04:05 PM
Silent Screamer
Yeah! that unwrinkly button works so well!! Lol! Seriously, that is a lot better now, Scott. So..there's sharpen, sharpen more, unsharp mask...use sharpen? Did you just select the area then apply it a little at a time? Sorry, I'm learning slowly..slowly being the operative word!

#7    Top
Old December 2nd, 2005, 04:12 PM
The Godfather
Recent Photo: Some shots from 2010
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Nice shot!

Added a catch light and brightened the white, maybe too much, see what you think.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1437Look me in the Eye2.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	9281  

Leica M8, Nikon D200, Kodak DCS Pro14n, Olympus E20n, Leica R8, Leica M3, Bessa T101 w/50mm Heliar, Kodak 260,
  #8    Top
Old December 3rd, 2005, 12:48 AM
Premiere Member
Wow Terri, I thought the first one was good. But these guys just make it better and better. I like the 3rd edit best, not sure about he catch lights in the last one. (4th)

Jill
  #9    Top
Old December 3rd, 2005, 03:23 AM
Silent Screamer
That's the beauty of this site..you throw out a problem and someone always has a solution! Thanks patman for also having a go at this. You are all stars! Not sure about the catch lights either, though. I think because it is a dark moody image they aren't working for me, but I would sure like to know how to do them patman. Can you tell me where in ps..or is it just dodging? Cheers everyone.

#10    Top
Old December 3rd, 2005, 03:36 AM
Premiere Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I used USM I think 20/60/0 and dodged the catchlights a little
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1437Look%20me%20in%20the%20Eye2.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	9295  
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > People