Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > General Photography > Photography Equipment > Computers, Peripherals & Miscellaneous

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old May 29th, 2017, 10:59 PM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
Cotton Carrier

I have used one now for several years, well make that 3 as for me they seem to wear out after a bit and fracturing at the chest hub. That being said I really love this system for carrying my gear on long hikes and long shoots it really saves wear on the neck and shoulders.

One aspect though I really want to tell you all about though is their customer service. I have rarely dealt with such a-one service. Each time my carrier has broken they have sent a new replacement. After the second they asked what gear I was using and I had to get a new angled hub designed for full frame cameras (Originally I was using a d300s).

I noticed after this weekend shoot that again the hub had fractured, but is still usable. I contacted them again and once again they are continuing to be a delight. They did not even ask for pictures of the damage and acknowledged that this was a common issue to be resolved with a new version coming out on July 1st and if I could wait until then, they would ship me a brand new carrier.

Their product is wonderful, but its their customer service that will always have me coming back to see what's new and returning as a customer.
  #2    Top
Old June 1st, 2017, 02:22 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara river pan
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Cotton Carrier

That's nice to hear. It's far from the norm these days.
and sixteen doozies in a humdinger.
Nobody knows how many humdingers are in a lollapalooza.
George Carlin
  #3    Top
Old June 3rd, 2017, 07:06 PM

I have one that I have used only a handful of times over the past few years and I absolutely love it. My friend has actually added other straps to his so that he can carry other things on his carrier. One little improvement would be a little place to carry the allen wrench that you need to remove the hubs. We were out today and my friend needed to remove his hub but neither one of us had brought the wrench. He was actually able to borrow one from one of the German WWII re-enactors that we were taking pictures of.
  #4    Top
Old June 7th, 2017, 09:35 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Niagara river pan
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Yakapucci View Post
I have one that I have used only a handful of times over the past few years and I absolutely love it. My friend has actually added other straps to his so that he can carry other things on his carrier. One little improvement would be a little place to carry the allen wrench that you need to remove the hubs. We were out today and my friend needed to remove his hub but neither one of us had brought the wrench. He was actually able to borrow one from one of the German WWII re-enactors that we were taking pictures of.
It's been my experience that allen wrenches attached to cords or belts end up either falling out, or catching on things you don't want them to, or even scratching your arm or whatever.
I think you are better off keeping it in your camera bag in an out of the way pouch, or pocket.
and sixteen doozies in a humdinger.
Nobody knows how many humdingers are in a lollapalooza.
George Carlin
  #5    Top
Old June 7th, 2017, 09:40 AM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Yakapucci View Post

I know for my usages having something dangling freely would not be a good thing. Ultimately the tether would break or the wrench would some how become free and it would be long before noticing such items missing. As it is I even worry about carrying it in the rain pouch for the same reason.