Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old June 12th, 2016, 02:02 AM
The One and Only
Recent Photo: Wood Frog
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
night panorama

I've recently found the fun in putting together panoramas. Whether I'm improving is one thing, but I am certainly enjoying it.

This photo was taken on the night of 06. June, at a new location my friend had shown me, about 21km from my home. Still feel a little eerie being out on my own in the middle of the night, not knowing what might be lurking in the bushes , but so far it's all been good.

Anyway, this is a 15 shot panorama, and apart from not getting the horizon quite straight, I love it!

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” - Dr. Denis Waitley
  #2    Top
Old June 12th, 2016, 08:04 AM
Preferred Member
Recent Photo: IMG_0321_copy_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: night panorama

Sabine, this is a gorgeous image....very well done.
  #3    Top
Old June 12th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Dark-Eyed Junco
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Fun Image In All Aspects... Wondering how you set up your exposure(s)?
Sponsors
  #4    Top
Old June 12th, 2016, 09:48 AM
Senior VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrywb View Post
Fun Image In All Aspects... Wondering how you set up your exposure(s)?
Indeed panos are fun, this one is very well done Sabine. I too am curious about exposure.

Joshua 1:9
"God gave me photography so that I could pray with my eyes."
--Dewitt Jones
John 3:16
flickr
www.southpawphotos.com
  #5    Top
Old June 12th, 2016, 11:35 AM
The One and Only
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason

Thank you all for commenting.

Exposures... I'm not on my laptop right now, where my photos are, but I always shoot at the lowest f number, which in this case is 2.8. I believe that ISO was 1000, and each shot was 25 seconds.

The settings can change in a heartbeat, though. I've started panos before, to only have to quickly start again with different settings because the Aurora all of a sudden changed. Not so much of an issue if it gets duller, but brighter will blow out the bright areas, which I find really hard to correct.

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” - Dr. Denis Waitley
  #6    Top
Old June 13th, 2016, 08:35 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Dark-Eyed Junco
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gems View Post
Thank you all for commenting.

... I've started panos before, to only have to quickly start again with different settings because the Aurora all of a sudden changed. Not so much of an issue if it gets duller, but brighter will blow out the bright areas, which I find really hard to correct.
Thanks for the feedback Sabine.
  #7    Top
Old June 14th, 2016, 04:38 PM
Recent Photo: Horses In Winter
Bronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Very impressive, Sabine. Panos do bring their own pleasures. When I look at your composition, I can almost see a sunrise and a sunset in the same shot.

Some people are only as happy as they make up their minds to be.
  #8    Top
Old June 16th, 2016, 12:21 AM
The One and Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by barklake View Post
Very impressive, Sabine. Panos do bring their own pleasures. When I look at your composition, I can almost see a sunrise and a sunset in the same shot.
Thank you for commenting. The sky certainly stayed very light, late in to the night. This pano was taken around 1.30am if I remember correctly, but the light in the center is still the remains from the sunset (facing more north, than east).

#9    Top
Old June 16th, 2016, 01:27 AM
Recent Photo: BW Conversion
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason

Looking good on these Sabine and I certainly understand the trepidation of being out at night alone in a remote setting. I want to go out and shoot the stars in the desert, but thats a 2.5 hour drive to the middle of nowhere after 10pm.
  #10    Top
Old June 16th, 2016, 09:26 AM
The One and Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by agiledogs View Post
Looking good on these Sabine and I certainly understand the trepidation of being out at night alone in a remote setting. I want to go out and shoot the stars in the desert, but thats a 2.5 hour drive to the middle of nowhere after 10pm.
It makes for a long night, with it not really getting dark until past 11pm now. It's a shame that my husband doesn't share my love for photography, so my poor old dog has to accompany me at times.

Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photo Sharing Corner > Places