Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old June 2nd, 2004, 02:25 AM
Filmaholic
Recent Photo: Spike
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
If money were no object ...

What photographic eqiupment would be in your bag?

Me?
Canon EOS 1v
Canon EOS 1d Mark II

Hasselblad H1 with Kodak 16MP digital back

Plenty of lenses for both systems
Full Studio setup: lights, softboxes, backgrounds, etc.

Who's next?
Pictures, regardless of how they are created and recreated, are intended to be looked at. This brings to the forefront not the technology of imaging, which of course is important, but rather what we might call the eyenology (seeing).
-Henri Cartier-Bresson
  #2    Top
Old June 2nd, 2004, 03:06 AM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Ill have to really invest sometime into thinking about this wish list
  #3    Top
Old June 2nd, 2004, 09:46 AM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reason
I will have a Hasselblad xpan for panoramic, a mamiya 64AFD(with digital and film back) for medium format, a carbon fiber ball head quick release tripod. plenty of lenses and filters.

perhaps a canon EOS 1D mark II. Though still not sure.
  #4    Top
Old June 11th, 2004, 07:03 PM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
How much would that Hasselblad Kodak 16mp back cost?

I havent researched the upper end dslr's but I would go for something really nice like that. And then get a veriety of lenses to go with it, 200mm for the road, 300, 400, 600mm, etc for the nature stuff. Probably all L or the upper end lenses to, hehe.

And since I would need something to move all this stuff with, I guess that means a mustang as well. :0)

And a sweet desktop for the photo editing. Be nice to get more ram than what is normal for a hard drive, hehe.

But its not the equipment that makes the photographer, its his skill so these would just be fun toys, that would help you get shots you normally wouldnt be able to get. Like the high powered lenses for nature shots. Although I dont see myself carrying a 600mm lense through forests and water ways. :0)
  #5    Top
Old June 12th, 2004, 02:34 AM
Premiere Member
Gold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
And a sweet desktop for the photo editing. Be nice to get more ram than what is normal for a hard drive, hehe.
What is "normal"
  #6    Top
Old June 12th, 2004, 02:41 AM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
RAM? I'd say if you're doing normal stuff on your computer (including editing photographs), you'll want at least 256mb of ram... or 512 would be better. Since I do video editing stuff as well, I've got a gig on my editing computer, but I think that's abnormal.... my other machines either have 256 or 512... I think one might have 768 as well... but I'm weird and kinda a computer geek.
  #7    Top
Old June 12th, 2004, 02:46 AM
Premiere Member
I just had a new computer made for me so now Im thinking I might be in the computer geek club. I dont know what all of this stuff means, but the bf said its sposed to be bad ***. Forgive me if I word it wrong
3 gig pentium 4 processor
120 gig hard drive
8x dvd burner
1 gig DDR expandable to 4 gigs
128 meg independant graphics card

Dont ask me what it all means
  #8    Top
Old June 12th, 2004, 02:57 AM
The Corner Creator
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Nice... sounds like a good system to me! That's a similar system to one of mine.
  #9    Top
Old June 12th, 2004, 10:54 AM
VIP Member
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim L. Walker
RAM? I'd say if you're doing normal stuff on your computer (including editing photographs), you'll want at least 256mb of ram... or 512 would be better. Since I do video editing stuff as well, I've got a gig on my editing computer, but I think that's abnormal.... my other machines either have 256 or 512... I think one might have 768 as well... but I'm weird and kinda a computer geek.
My "new" computer that I got last January is P4 2.1ghz, 40gb hd, two 256mb chips of ram *512mb total*, cd-rw, lexmark printer/scanner and 15" monitor, running windows xp. I find it really lags at times opening directories and stuff. And in photoshop, opening a 120mb tiff file takes a good long while, and I seen an image with similar size being opened on a mac and it took much less time. I think the main problem is the windows xp part. But Photoshop CS needs xp or mac, tobad it wouldnt work on linux since linux is more resource friendly I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara
What is "normal"
right now with todays machines, a normal hard drive is between 40gb *low end* to 120gb. So if you had 120gb's of ram, that would be sweet, not to mention expensive.
  #10    Top
Old June 12th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Filmaholic
Recent Photo: Spike
Silver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Whoa, Kara, sweet machine! You'll be glad you got the extra RAM when you're dealing with large files in Photoshop.

Quote:
How much would that Hasselblad Kodak 16mp back cost?
The Hasselblad body is about $2500 (no lens), the Kodak back is about $12-16,000. Then you have to buy lenses.
Pictures, regardless of how they are created and recreated, are intended to be looked at. This brings to the forefront not the technology of imaging, which of course is important, but rather what we might call the eyenology (seeing).
-Henri Cartier-Bresson
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner