Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Landscapes

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old July 26th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Recent Photo: Hillbilly Delight
Wildflowers

Picture of some purple cone flowers. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0923 copy.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	608.0 KB
ID:	89358  
  #2    Top
Old July 26th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Account Disabled
Recent Photo: Buick '55
Photograph of the Month Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Photograph of the Month Contest. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Re: Wildflowers

I like the low position from which you took the shot. I'm a bit torn by the composition's elements, specifically whether to include the weightly element of the tree trunk on the right and the presence of partially cropped flower blooms on the bottom...although the latter does provide an interesting secondary level. I played with it, testing my own thoughts on possible alternatives, one of which is attached here. Not necessarily better...but an alternative.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ediercks1.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	89359  
  #3    Top
Old July 28th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Recent Photo: Hillbilly Delight

Thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate it.
  #4    Top
Old July 29th, 2012, 11:25 AM
By His Grace
Recent Photo: Sunrise on the Beach
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSpecial Contribution Award: This award is given for extremely dedicated work towards the growth and success of PhotographyCorner. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

I think the shot would have had greater impact without the background being as readily identifiable...either by shooting with a narrower depth of field to get greater blur of the background or using a reflector or other object to mute the background. I do like the angle you shot from and perhaps a slightly different position might have eliminated the background as well. I like the inclusion of the daisies but you likely would have lost that with a narrower dof. Of course, there's always ways to alter the bg using image software, as well. After all that rambling, I'm basically saying that I like the shot but not the tree in the background
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Critiques & Feedback Corner > Landscapes