Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner > Caption Contests

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old July 5th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Canadian Edition
Recent Photo: Iceberg #4
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Caption Contest Information

Hi all, welcome to Photography Corner's weekly Caption Contest.

This is a chance for the comedian in you to emerge, and lets face it everyone enjoys good humour.

It's quite simple, a new photo is posted each week, all you have to do is come up with a funny caption that fits with the photo. At the end of the week a winner will be picked from all of the entries.

But it is a contest there has to be a winner right? Yes there is, picked by me, with a prize none the less, and what is the prize you might ask, well it's a good one: The distinguished honour of submitting next weeks photo. Now how can you not resist to enter a contest like that.

Anything goes, there is one rule however, I know there always has to be rules.

Well it's not really rule (a law). As a photography community we all know the importance of copyright on our photos and how upsetting it is to see others use our photos. So with this being said, all photos that are submitted must be your own, or one from the site provided in the contest intro.

But you have to win to pick the photo and you can't do that unless you enter so what are you waiting for, take a minute look at the photo and post a caption.
  #2    Top
Old January 9th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Prizes

Those are the best kinda prizes for contests
  #3    Top
Old June 17th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Photo

Hi Dave I know I have not been with the program in a while ,I have been really busy with moving, my husband is sick and now is it is just going to get worse for a while. We did take out time from seeing so many Dr.s to take a long Vac. out to Az. and Ind. to see friends and family,I did get to take some wonderful photos now I have to edit and submitt and I was offered a job for 2 wall hangings in a nail salon, so I have been coming up with diff. ideas for them I want it elegant, colorful and thier logo has to be in the photo,It would be so much easier if I new how to work with my p.s a little better, I have been practicing and I get frustrated,I do not edit alot, but putting in other objects just does not do it for me. I like it real.So I will try to get in the picture a bit more asap.Colleen-sailfishes.
  #4    Top
Old January 18th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Re: Caption Contest Information

Dave I don't see any recent caption contest. What happen?
  #5    Top
Old January 18th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: 1st bloom
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Hi Lisa!The Caption Contests have closed for a while or forever, here is the blog posting about it.

Stuff by me
Create Eye Pop
How to make colors POP in your photos
So you want to start a business Part1 & Part 2

Basics of Photography
  #6    Top
Old January 18th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

Ok thanks newlove, Im sorry to hear that, I really enjoy that kind of stuff. Hope its not gone forever.
  #7    Top
Old January 18th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: 1st bloom
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason

It would be nice but I just don't know the current status of it as it is right now. Sorry about that.

Stuff by me
Create Eye Pop
How to make colors POP in your photos
So you want to start a business Part1 & Part 2

Basics of Photography
Sponsors
  #8    Top
Old January 20th, 2011, 12:09 AM
The Corner Creator

There just wasn't enough interest anymore... if people want them to start back up, I would want to know that a bunch of people would participate again...
  #9    Top
Old August 1st, 2011, 04:00 AM

hi.. i'm from indonesian how can i join the contest?
how can i entry the photo there?
  #10    Top
Old December 31st, 2011, 04:29 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: 2013_09_26_4135_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason

Tim; not everyone with a caption for a photo, has another photo to submit. Nor do all who have a funny photo have captions.
IMHO, the contest format is too restricting. Why not just have a caption this forum, where anyone can post a shot for anyone to caption.
The good ones will live on, but the bad ones will be forgotten, for lack of captons.
I do think that if it is opened for a free for all participation, there will be much more interest.