Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old April 26th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Junior VIP Member
The Chatroom

It occurs to me that, every few months or so, I get bored and decide to drop by PhotographyCorner.com's no-longer-very-new chatroom, only to find it totally empty. I think the reason is, with a rather small community of members, it's unlikely that even any two people will happen to visit the room simultaneously. When Tim first launched it, there would, indeed, be a few members sitting there during weeknights, probably just to check out the feature, but, now, we've all gotten over its novelty, and I guess, if people do visit it on occasion, they, like I, leave shrugging their shoulders.

What I propose is, just if we feel like it, we declare a sort of informal "chat night," on which those wishing to interact with fellow forum members can opt to log in. Of course, the room should still be accessible 24/7, but a specific time to meet, maybe once a week, might throw the place into getting a bit more use.

What do you think?
  #2    Top
Old April 26th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Silent Waters
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
There are some exciting plans in store for the chatroom that you'll be starting to hear about, starting early the coming week
  #3    Top
Old April 26th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Party Pug
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Woot... Love plans, especially when they are exciting. I can't wait to hear more
  #4    Top
Old April 26th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Junior VIP Member
I ask from curiosity, do any of these plans involve an opportunity for me to get free things...? Sorry, I'm just a whore for free stuff.
Sponsors
  #5    Top
Old April 26th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Vernal Equinox
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPhotograph of the Year Finalist: This award is given to a photographer who was a finalist in the Photograph of the Year Contest. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commando303 View Post
I ask from curiosity, do any of these plans involve an opportunity for me to get free things...? Sorry, I'm just a whore for free stuff.

Does advice count ???

Moderator Emeritus

Great photographs are never taken they are created.
  #6    Top
Old April 27th, 2008, 04:52 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Silent Waters
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commando303 View Post
You'll just have to wait and see
  #7    Top
Old April 27th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Preferred Member
Recent Photo: IMG_0321_copy_copy
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonPlatinum Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 10,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonGold Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 5,000 posts. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
I'm glad we are getting the ball rolling on this..looking forward to talking to members about STUFF.
  #8    Top
Old April 27th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Party Pug
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reasonContest Corner Challenge Winner: This award is given to the photographer who wins a Contest Corner Challenge. - Issue reason
Me tooo, cuz STUFF is cool. LOL

Seriously, I am excited about it all.
  #9    Top
Old April 27th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: 1st bloom
I'll get excited once it starts up, I'm a very impatient person (my daughter totally gets hers from me, I'll never deny this fact...lol)! I can't talk about things ad nauseum, I like to see things actually happen, but hey that's just me...

Stuff by me
Create Eye Pop
How to make colors POP in your photos
So you want to start a business Part1 & Part 2

Basics of Photography
  #10    Top
Old June 3rd, 2008, 05:56 PM
Junior VIP Member
Hey, have any of those "plans" been announced yet? If they were made only via e-mail, regretably, I missed them. Could someone please update what's going on, here? Thanks a lot.
Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner