Go Back   PhotographyCorner.com Forums > Photography Corner > Conversation Corner

Welcome to the PhotographyCorner.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, photographs and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), vote on contests like the Photograph of the Month and Contest Corner Challenges, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Archive Suite top banner

#1    Top
Old March 9th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Premiere Member
Recent Photo: Silent Waters
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Why are you not using the chatroom?

I find this a pretty interesting question. Why are you not using the Corner chatroom? There are far more individual options than could be fitted into a poll so go ahead and post your own reason? Why?

My reason would be I think fairly common, it is dead.
  #3    Top
Old March 9th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Old Fogey
Recent Photo: Stormy Pasture
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
I have only found two people in there to chat with since I joined. It is hard to catch someone in there.

H.W.Rife

Just some old "Nikon" stuff!

There are no stupid questions....only stupid assumptions.

He who dies with the most "Toys"...wins!
  #4    Top
Old March 9th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Premiere Member
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonContributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reason
Lets start joining the chat and it'll soon be crowded
  #5    Top
Old March 9th, 2008, 08:14 AM
The Godfather
Recent Photo: Some shots from 2010
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonSilver Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 2,000 posts. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Me, personally hate chat rooms because i hate keyboarding, always have always will.

Leica M8, Nikon D200, Kodak DCS Pro14n, Olympus E20n, Leica R8, Leica M3, Bessa T101 w/50mm Heliar, Kodak 260,
  #6    Top
Old March 9th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Addicted Member
Recent Photo: Dream Home
I have only been in there once. But it was planned because about 4 or 5 of us were introducing ourselves for the first Toronto meet up. It was fun

I think the best thing to do to get it more active is to plan out times to be there (for example - every Thurday evening at 8:00pm EST). It would be fun to put up topics before hand.

Ahhh.....just my thoughts....

#7    Top
Old March 9th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Old Fogey
Recent Photo: Stormy Pasture
Contributor Award: This award is given to those who contribute either an article for the resources section, or contribute to the community in another exemplary way. - Issue reasonBronze Commitment Award: This award is given to those who have shown great community dedication & commitment and have over 1,000 posts. - Issue reason
Yep....a few scheduled topics could get some interest built up. Canon group on monday, Nikon group on tuesday, PS talks on thursday. You would also have to plan for world time issues. Could work tho.

H.W.Rife

Just some old "Nikon" stuff!

There are no stupid questions....only stupid assumptions.

He who dies with the most "Toys"...wins!
  #8    Top
Old March 9th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Premiere Member
Get suggestions up here on what you'd like to see in the chat also! Great ideas.
Sponsors
  #9    Top
Old March 9th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Recent Photo: treasure hunt
I didn't even know we had a chat room, how do you get to it anyways? I couldn't find it when I did a quick look

-Adrian
Canon 70-200mm F/2.8L IS
Canon 50mm F/1.8 II
Canon 580EX II flash
Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod
Manfrotto 808RC4 head and 490RC4 ball head

Working at HENRY'S
My site: Whirlwindphotography
  #10    Top
Old March 9th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Junior VIP Member
Recent Photo: Day Lily and Ant
I used to sign in to the chat room in the hopes I'd randomly bump into someone. You *can* continue surfing or working on something else while signed in as there is a tone that alerts you if someone else signs in. That said, I've had to make "appointments' with a friend to meet in there at a scheduled time. I'm gregarious (no, you didn't notice?) and I type very fast. I don't get out as much as I used to so a good chat room is PERFECT for people like me. (Also, I live three miles south of the middle of nowhere.) As chat rooms go, it's a very nice one. There are some great features in there, cute icons, private conversations etc. I'm surprised it isn't used more. I'm almost always ready to "come out and play".